Why become a member? ×

Anyone playing at broadstairs folk week?

lojo

thurs 3-5pm at the dolphin...a trio has been (is being!) put together consisting of myself, a guy called Jed and a guy called Mark. But we arent playing folk!!
So its a bit of fun really.
Should be playing lots of other dates but we've all been a bit tied one way or another to get round to it.

[quote name='steverickwood' post='1299564' date='Jul 11 2011, 07:25 AM']thurs 3-5pm at the dolphin...a trio has been (is being!) put together consisting of myself, a guy called Jed and a guy called Mark. But we arent playing folk!!
So its a bit of fun really.
Should be playing lots of other dates but we've all been a bit tied one way or another to get round to it.[/quote]

What are you playing ?

I've seen all sorts at folk week, from folk to disco , its all good fun

[quote name='lojo' post='1299565' date='Jul 11 2011, 07:28 AM']What are you playing ?

I've seen all sorts at folk week, from folk to disco , its all good fun[/quote]

just a pub called the Dolphin. Bottom of town opposite two other pubs. Have to have a drink hey? thats what everyone is there for!!

[quote name='steverickwood' post='1299883' date='Jul 11 2011, 01:34 PM']just a pub called the Dolphin. Bottom of town opposite two other pubs. Have to have a drink hey? thats what everyone is there for!![/quote]

Sorry meant what are you playing , as in what music, you said it wasn't folk ?

Doh! Erm, just covers - you know I still don't know as the guys are arranging a list for me to figure out! Probably a bit of Crowded House, Killers, Del Amitri, Rod Stewart - to be honest, whatever goes from singalong fun to decent songwriters stuff. Usual procedure is for me to fill out a bit of space but as there are two guitars I'll be refining it:)

[quote name='steverickwood' post='1301006' date='Jul 12 2011, 01:41 PM']Doh! Erm, just covers - you know I still don't know as the guys are arranging a list for me to figure out! Probably a bit of Crowded House, Killers, Del Amitri, Rod Stewart - to be honest, whatever goes from singalong fun to decent songwriters stuff. Usual procedure is for me to fill out a bit of space but as there are two guitars I'll be refining it:)[/quote]

Cheers, I'll be there for the first weekend, then back towards the end of the week as work/weather allows, so might see your band

Thought id bump thread, anyone else playing there ?

Edited by lojo

[quote name='lojo' post='1302643' date='Jul 13 2011, 05:56 PM']Cheers, I'll be there for the first weekend, then back towards the end of the week as work/weather allows, so might see your band

Thought id bump thread, anyone else playing there ?[/quote]

Nope..but doing the Kent Beer fest next week..Ashford in the Park, Folkestone Harbour Fest to name just 3 in July.

Also Farriers 3 dayer..which potentially could be the best of the lot. All East Kent

• 3 weeks later...