Why become a member? ×

Immaculate 6 String Active Bass

ossie

**Six String Active Bass**

Ibanez (BTB556MP)

I am selling my beautiful Ibanez BTB556MP 6 string bass. I have owned this bass from new and it has never been gigged or in fact outside of my house, as a result, the bass is immaculate.

This is a great looking and sounding high spec active bass with 3-Band EQ which can give you any tone you could possibly want, from a monstrous bottom end to a tight funk sound.

The neck is fabulously easy to get around and extremely thin and comfortable. When I bought it I was concerned whether I would be able to play a 6 string but was very surprised at how easy it is.

It has lots of very nice high quality features such as:

· 5 piece maple and walnut neck which is incredibly stable with 2 truss rods

· Mahogany body faced with lovely satin finished maple

· The bridge is comprised of 6 "Mono-Rail II's" which make each string completely independent giving huge sustain

· 18 volt EQ circuitry providing much greater headroom than standard active EQ's

· A locking Neutrik jack which prevents the lead being accidentally pulled out

· 6 controls; Volume, Balance, Mid high, Mid Low, Bass, and Treble

· All hardware is lovely matt silver colour

· The control knobs are excellent quality, very solid and smooth to use

· 35 in. neck scale provides superior articulation

I have strung the guitar with a set of light gauge Rotosounds which cost £30 and give an awesome sound and feel.

These basses are no longer available which a crying shame as I think Ibanez got it spot on with such a high spec and great looking guitar. At the end of the day, it is an Ibanez (well made, reliable, good quality, versatile etc)

I think I paid IRO £600 for the bass when I bought, and given its condition bidding starts at £400.

If you want a quality 6 string but don’t want to pay £1000’s you will love this bass.

Listed on you know where.

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Beautiful-6-String-Active-Ibanez-BTB556MP-Bass-Guitar-/120748059139?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item1c1d252a03"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Beautiful-6-String-A...=item1c1d252a03[/url]

Edited by ossie

[quote name='Oldman' post='1299264' date='Jul 10 2011, 09:05 PM']This is bidding down the way then, not up the way like E By Gum, is your price £400.00?[/quote]

Was hoping for a little bit more really (£450 - £500) but would take £400 at a push. One just sold on e-bay for £400 and this is genuinely like the day I bought it, very rarely used, allways gig with my 60's re-issue Jazz. Think it will shift?

Edited by ossie

[quote name='andydye' post='1306478' date='Jul 17 2011, 10:46 AM']Looks lovely, really clean simple lines, if I had the cash... :)

Postage can be a drag but you do get more interest if you offer it as an option...[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up.
Is a great bass, couldn't believe the spec/quality when I bought it, Just can't see me ever using it.
Would love a fretless stingray so selling a few unused bits and bobs to accumulate the cash for one (eventually!!!)

[quote name='ossie' post='1307091' date='Jul 17 2011, 09:16 PM']Thanks for the heads up.
Is a great bass, couldn't believe the spec/quality when I bought it, Just can't see me ever using it.
Would love a fretless stingray so selling a few unused bits and bobs to accumulate the cash for one (eventually!!!)[/quote]

No prob matey, jus passing on eBay lessons learned...

I love my fretless ray5 too...keep your eyes open and you'll find one at the right price eventually...

Edited by andydye