Why become a member? ×

Which AMP?

dustybass

Once you start understanding T/S specs, even if it's via modelling software, things make a lot more sense!

Big drivers suffer from the same box size problem as small drivers if you want bass extension, the parameter Vas describes how large the enclosure needs to be to get a given amount of extension. If you mess around with these parameters you'll see that changing Mms and Cms to lower Vas will result in lower sensitivity - sensitive, low, small, pick any two!

Cheers guys you've given me a lot to think about. My style? hmmm not sure yet, i do my own thing so whatever takes my mood so i need my rig to be versitile. but generally mellow stuff but i have my hard rock moments too lol :lol:

I'm happy with the 18" peavey cab, just not happy dragging it to the shops to try heads lol :)

will do my homework and let you guys know what i decide but many thanks for your input it helps alot

cheers

Dusty :)

*BASH*

hmm you've got me thinking, i do like a warm sound and i think i get what ya mean by hifi sound. I know my budget is solid state territory but will keep looking for my tone, i will know what that is when i find it lol :)

anyone used the ibanez promethian?

Cheers again

Dusty

[quote name='alexclaber' post='1300302' date='Jul 11 2011, 09:05 PM'].... I'm working on a single 8" at the moment that can move more air (and thus generate greater LF SPL) than most 15"s on the market! Try getting that out of the 8"s I've seen in past bass cabs and you'll have a dead speaker on your hands....[/quote]
Great news Alex. Do you remember me asking for an 8" cab for my acoustic gig.... over 2 years ago? A 2x8 with a crossover would suit me down to the ground!

[quote name='dustybass' post='1299007' date='Jul 10 2011, 03:04 PM']Hi all at BASSCHAT forum,

my first post and looking for advice:

I have a peavy black widow cab (1x18", 250watts 4ohms) I also have a ibanez active 5 string bass, sadly there is nothing to join the two together in low frequency harmony. was looking at the MARKBASS little bass, any one know of any other amps that are good and within a £400 budget?

cheers Guys (& Girls)

Regards

Dusty[/quote]

There are many my friend you have a big choice new and don't forgot second hand, some good bargins on here. But you don't mention what sound you are after and what sort of music you want to play, orange bass terror is pretty good for rocky tones its quite aggressive little B but if you are playing smooth its not gonna be mustard.

[quote name='dc2009' post='1300318' date='Jul 11 2011, 09:19 PM']It's bizarre that 16x6" is just two of my marshall, but awful. My marshall is also for sale in the relevant section (shameless plug :) )

As for your suggestion, I think you're correct. Peavey stuff is super cheap on here, fleabay or gumtree, even freeads they turn up often enough![/quote]

Those Superfly 48's and Minis have good low end extension its the top end they suffer, very old school high end roll off, ok not lows like some ultra modern stuff but i have always found they do pretty well with a 4 string. In anycase they arent made by ashdown!!