Why become a member? ×

SOLD Fender Jazz USA 2006 S1 switch + case SOLD

sunfish

Hi
Severe G.A.S. attack has forced me to sell my Fender Jazz. Made in USA. 2006
With S1 switch - push button on top of the volume knob.
Sunburst body and rosewood fretboard
with case
£590 plus £25 postage
or possible trade for a quality lightweight Jazz style 4 string.

Can be picked up from Malvern or willing to meet up if not too far.

Also selling Genz Benz Shuttle 6 amp forum.

Edited by sunfish

• 2 weeks later...

So, the bass I was oggling has gone and my lovely Jazz is still for sale.

I have reduced the price on the Jazz to £600.

if it doesn't sell, I'm going to have it routed out to make it light weight and have a pretty wood top put on. Not that a Jazz is particularly heavy, but I need light weight basses due to a dodgy back. (My main basses are Matt Pulcinella's which I love, but I've always felt that a Fender Jazz was just the right shape for me. So I keep coming back to them. I've had 2 Jazz Aerodynes and 2 other standard Jazzes. I still have a Jazz Plus.

Be careful with modding this S. I suffered from a recurrent shoulder injury and decided to move on my MIM Jazz a few years back. Found a nice lightweight jazz shaped bass around the 7.7lbs mark. Felt great weight wise but I soon found on a longer gig/practice it was more uncomfortable than the MIM (about 9lbs). The standard size headstock/tuners gave it a slight head dive - the lack of balance (and it really was slight) was far worse than the extra lb or so. Make sure you play its replacement stood up for at least half hour before you make a decision (or buy a Status Streamline).

Good advice. I have a pair of Matt Pulcinella Level 4's - (one fretless) which are about 7lbs but the secret is the top horn reaches past the 12th fret and the rear strap button is higher up than the normal centre point. This all balances the bass nicely.

[quote name='martthebass' post='1325593' date='Aug 3 2011, 01:01 PM']Be careful with modding this S. I suffered from a recurrent shoulder injury and decided to move on my MIM Jazz a few years back. Found a nice lightweight jazz shaped bass around the 7.7lbs mark. Felt great weight wise but I soon found on a longer gig/practice it was more uncomfortable than the MIM (about 9lbs). The standard size headstock/tuners gave it a slight head dive - the lack of balance (and it really was slight) was far worse than the extra lb or so. Make sure you play its replacement stood up for at least half hour before you make a decision (or buy a Status Streamline).[/quote]