Why become a member? ×

Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass + Fender SKB Hardcase

Precision

If you’re checking this out, you probably already know what you’re looking at so let me fill you in on this particular Bass.

This Guitar was made in 2005/2006 in the Fuji-gen Plant (for Fender Japan) and imported from Japan when new by the previous owner. Rumour has it that Fender USA don’t allow Japanese dealers to export guitars anymore. Comparing the superior quality of these ‘Crafted in Japan’ guitars compared to what the USA factories are churning out for over twice the price it’s not surprising that the Americans saw these as a threat to their market! So these should only get more desirable as time goes on. Pictures do not capture the deep red colour properly; it’s like a wine red with a deep, deep shine.

She is in very good all round condition, completely original and never fails to attract attention and compliments at gigs. The rosewood neck is slim and fast with a cool stripe on the reverse. She plays like an absolute dream with a wide range of tones supplied courtesy of Precision and Jazz pickups.
The scratch plate has done it’s job admirably and has collected a few scratches over its life so far but has protected the wood beneath as intended. The body has white binding similar to a Rickenbacker’s and has some light play marks but they are so small they’re virtually impossible to photograph. There are also a few light scratches on the rear.
Incidentally these are not to be confused with the black Aerodyne basses generally available on the U.K. market. These Aerodyne basses come in an array of colours, have a scratch plate and a conventional jack-plug.

It’s also lighter than a Precision or a Jazz so you can literally plug it in, pop it around your neck and play all night without having to see a physiotherapist the next morning!
A new set of strings have been fitted recently and I’ve had her professionally set up by Dave Wilson of Haltwhistle (who used to work for Overwater basses).
The icing on the cake is that I’m supplying it in the latest Fender Jazz SKB molded hardcase!! These cases sell for around £130 alone and are the best Fender have ever made with the latest TSA locks.

Price is £550 – no offers and collection only from Washington, Tyne & Wear.
Many thanks for looking :))

Edited by Precision

• 7 months later...

Might be better sending Precision a pm. If you move your mouse over his name, a box appears and click on send message and he should get back to you. But I would imagine that it`s long gone!

You could always put a posting in the wanted section of the marketplace.

Jez

Sorry, but it sold very soon after I listed it to a guy called Steve from Nottingham. It was a great bass and I can understand why you'd like one so much.
They pop up on eBay every now and then.
good luck in your hunt ;o)