Why become a member? ×

**Sold - to Juliusmonk** FS: Tanglewood Baron Bass (Limited Edition & with East Pre-amp)

chuck_stones

Hi all,

Due to a lean month work-wise, I need to shift some gear pronto, so priced to sell is my gorgeous and much beloved Tanglewood Baron Bass. It's a 4 string, neck through design with a slimline contoured body. Top notch Gotoh hardware throughout and upgraded with a John East U-Retro Deluxe pre-amp. This is a limited edition bass (one of approx 120), bought in around 1996.

[b]Features:[/b]
- Slimline contoured body of solid maple wings
- 5-piece laminate through neck of wenge and maple with a rosewood fretboard and brass nut.
- Top quality gold-plated Gotoh hardware (tuners, brass bridge and straplocks).
- Currently equipped with EMG P/J pickups (neck & bridge) and recently fitted with copper shielding in the electronics and pickup cavities & a John East U-Retro 4 Deluxe pre-amp with gold knobs (I will include the original pre-amp with the sale).

All in all a stunning package. The neck is slim and fast (similar to a Jazz in profile, but narrower width ways like a Spector) and the frets and board are in excellent condition. Given its age, the bass is in very good condition with just a few knocks to the lacquer (see pics); overall I'd give the condition a 9/10.

[b]Also Included: [/b]
As I really need to shift this bass, for the buyer I'll include:
- Red & black DSL deluxe padded strap (as seen in the pictures)
- Fusion F1 gig bag (GAK are selling these for £125).

[b]Shipping:[/b]
I'm happy to ship anywhere using Interparcel, however the buyer must cover the cost of delivery. I'm happy for the bass to be collected from Tunbridge Wells in Kent, or alternatively I may be able to deliver within reason.

There's not much else to say other than this is a beast of a bass and plays like a dream, with the added East pre-amp the tonal palette is sublime and suitable for just about any style of music from Reggae, Funk and Soul, Hard Rock through to Metal.

[b]Price: [/b]
I'm asking for [s]£400[/s] [b]£350 [/b]for the whole lot, or alternatively [s]£350[/s][b] £300 [/b]for just the bass.

It breaks my heart to have to part with her, so for whoever buys this beauty, if you would offer me first refusal should you ever decide to sell it, that would be greatly appreciated.

[b]Sound Clip:[/b]
[media]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8800648/Baron%20Bass%20-%20Both%20Pups%20-%20Flat%20EQ.mp3[/media]

[b]Pics:[/b]

Thanks for looking. If you want to know anything else, please get in touch! :)

Edited by chuck_stones

someone didn't read the post about large attachments!!! :)

nice bass.. i used to have a six string version of this and was surprisingly good quality and playability for a 'lesser' brand name... so have a bumpage!

[quote name='3V17C' post='1297229' date='Jul 8 2011, 02:09 PM']someone didn't read the post about large attachments!!! :)

nice bass.. i used to have a six string version of this and was surprisingly good quality and playability for a 'lesser' brand name... so have a bumpage![/quote]

Hey man,

Thanks for the message and bump :) Does it count as attachment if it's a link in the post to an externally hosted image? If so....oops! Might have to remedy that and stick them on Photobucket or something where I can share a folder.

I didn't know they made these in 6 string versions, but you're right about the playability and quality. Since first acquiring this, I've owned and sold;
Squier Jazz, Cort C4H, Tanglewood Canyon 2, Vester Clipper, Yamaha RBX A2, Clover Xpression, Sandberg PM4, Warwick Corvette $$, MusicMan SUB, Lakland 44-02 Deluxe & a Spector Euro...to name just a few and the Tanglewood always came out on top. Perhaps not as versatile tonally as some of the others (although it is now with the East pre-amp), but always a delight to play and amazingly comfortable for a 9lb bass.

Edited by chuck_stones

haha.. yeah prob ok with external links... just amused me.. i kept scrolling down and the giant pictures kept beating me to it!!

yeah i've never seen another six string one, pretty rare i think (i found mine in some backstreet music shop)... i was dabbling with six string basses at the time and it played loads better than a yamaha trb6 i tried.

[quote name='3V17C' post='1297467' date='Jul 8 2011, 05:44 PM']haha.. yeah prob ok with external links... just amused me.. i kept scrolling down and the giant pictures kept beating me to it!!

yeah i've never seen another six string one, pretty rare i think (i found mine in some backstreet music shop)... i was dabbling with six string basses at the time and it played loads better than a yamaha trb6 i tried.[/quote]

LOL, sorry about that. I really haven't quite figured out the best way of inserting lots of large images...

...Hope you all had a nice weekend. Monday = bump & price drop day :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

[quote name='tom1946' timestamp='1335709990' post='1634823']
Gorgeous!!

what does it weigh?
[/quote]

Cheers man, it sure is. In terms of weight, it rolls in at just under 8lbs (including strap, if I recall. I don't have any scales to confirm this right now, but I will do asap).

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='jimbobothy' timestamp='1337102622' post='1655544']
Man, with that spec if it had 'another' name on it, maybe starting with Wa or Sp it would sell in a second!! Have a bump on me B)
[/quote]

LOL, ain't that the truth. Sad but true. Bump for drastic, this needs to sell in 24 hours or it's going to the cash converters / evilBay price drop.

Sadly my GAS is sated for a little while (picked up a couple of basses from Geordieland a month ago) otherwise I would be all over this bargain. Trying to stick to a 'one in,one out' regimen can be hard at times :{
Have a bump while I look around and wonder what can go.

[quote name='grumble' timestamp='1337468586' post='1660636']
Sadly my GAS is sated for a little while (picked up a couple of basses from Geordieland a month ago) otherwise I would be all over this bargain. Trying to stick to a 'one in,one out' regimen can be hard at times :{
Have a bump while I look around and wonder what can go.
[/quote]
I hear you! I ended up with 7 basses at one point until I adopted a similar policy. I've missed out on some killer bargains as a result but it's probably for the best :)
Thanks for the bump, it is a real bargain so let me know if you figure something out :)