Why become a member? ×

NOW SOLD: Overwater J5 Fretless

Grreth

Hello!

I'm seriously thinking about moving this bass on to a good home as I never touch it! It's probably been out of the case about 6 times from new and is in mint condition. I have come to the conclusion that I'm a 4-stringer and I'm a fretter. I picked up this bass as I had some ideas in mind or an electro outfit I was with but, unfortunately, the electro section weren't as free-thinking as I'd hoped and it never came to be. I've included a snapshot here but, please pm me if you're interested and want to see more...

Thanks,

Gareth

[u]Amendment 1[/u]

a) Sorry All! I'm looking for about £1200 but, again, I'm open to offers...

b) It is a Fretless J5 in Candy Gold finish on an alder body. 35" Scale Maple neck with ebony board (lined) and body matched headstock. [color="#FF0000"]Audaire JZ3 Pre-amp[/color] with Bartolini pick-ups. I've currently got it set up E-C (rather than B-G) as this suited me better. If a prospective buyer would like, I'll have it set up the conventional way by Overwater at no extra cost. It comes with a flight case, has strap-lock buttons, hipshot tuners and , just generally, Overwater quality. I don't believe that they've finished another in this colourbut, I might be mistaken.

[color="#0000FF"][u]Amendment 2[/u]

I'm exceptionally sorry but Overwater contacted me to inform me that it is an Audaire Pre-Amp in this bass, not a John East as previously stated. Please accept my apologies!! G[/color]

Edited by Grreth

Hi there!

Did you see the additional photo's and info I added?

Gareth

[quote name='shemeckfrac' post='1291359' date='Jul 3 2011, 07:45 PM']Yeap ... interested to see more[/quote]

Hi Martin,

I'm up in Carlisle...It's just up the road from Bristol !

Gareth

[quote name='martindupras' post='1295305' date='Jul 6 2011, 10:19 PM']Where are you located? Might it be possible to see this beauty in person?

- martin[/quote]

[quote name='Grreth' post='1295570' date='Jul 7 2011, 05:54 AM']Hi Martin,

I'm up in Carlisle...It's just up the road from Bristol !

Gareth[/quote]

I'll take it you have no plans to relocate in the South.

Best of luck with the sale. I'm quite envious of the next buyer.

- martin

Hi!

Yes, this is still available. Are you interested?

Gareth

[quote name='MartyBRebelMC' post='1314921' date='Jul 24 2011, 05:26 PM']Hi there, is this still available?[/quote]

This and that GB Spitfire should be gone, more players need to get into fretless on this site! Next to no learning curve and far more fun to play; there's more depth to your tone and if you don't like the Mwaaaah flick it to the neck pickup and theres still a significant improvement.

Hi Matt,

I'm not really looking for trades...unless it blows my mind!

Thanks for the bump!

[quote name='overwater#1' post='1329296' date='Aug 5 2011, 10:03 PM']Not interested in possible trades at all? Amp wise..? :)
You never know, always worth asking!

Nevertheless.. bump for a stunning looking bass![/quote]

Thanks for the bump, Schnozzalee! You've made me feel a bit guilty about selling now though. Should I stick with and make the fretless my thing? It's the second one I've had but, even though I adore the sound, I just can't it going in any projects I get involved with. It deserves to be 'out there' not 'in here'!

[quote name='Schnozzalee' post='1329404' date='Aug 5 2011, 11:48 PM']This and that GB Spitfire should be gone, more players need to get into fretless on this site! Next to no learning curve and far more fun to play; there's more depth to your tone and if you don't like the Mwaaaah flick it to the neck pickup and theres still a significant improvement.[/quote]

Why not give fretless a go........? :)

[quote name='Killerfridge' post='1333256' date='Aug 9 2011, 09:51 AM']Damn, that thing is absolutely beautiful. If it was fretted, that would be sold and it would be in my hands as we speak :)[/quote]