Why become a member? ×

Sansamp problemo

whimsy23

Got a brand new Sansamp BDDI not long ago, used it for the first time tonight and it cut out after about 10 minutes. Now it seems to be intermittent, making crackly noises, the bass sound being very quiet, but the signal is fine when the pedal is switched off. Anybody had this experience or know what it might be? I'm totally new to the pedal and it was sounding brilliant until it died on me. I've just tried it again using a guitar and it was working fine for a while and then the same thing happened.

I checked all the leads they're fine, the power block I use works with everything else (and was working with the sansamp, still is) and I can even take the input lead out and it continues making the crackly noises. I will try it with a battery tomorrow but I don't think it's a power issue?

Edited by whimsy23

[quote name='whimsy23' post='1287094' date='Jun 29 2011, 10:49 PM']Got a brand new Sansamp BDDI not long ago, ....[/quote]

Still under warranty? Sounds like there is a dodgy connection somewhere inside, so just take it back and demand a replacement.

Well, tried it with a battery and it's doing the same thing. It's so weird, it'll be working as normal then it starts doing the crackly/interferance thing. Even with the input lead plugged into nothing, it does it and it comes and goes at random. It seems touching the input nut/jack with my fingers also starts it off.

No email back from the shop either. Gonna ring them tomorrow or take it back Saturday (I ordered online but it's in Nottm so not far to go). Sigh, it was sounding so tremedous as well.

Took it to the shop last saturday, the guy messed around with it, said it seemed ok to him. Said take it back and if it's not alright he'll replace it. So, took it to practice again tonight, new leads, new patch leads, my own head etc - still happening. Played with the knobs and it seems when I turn the blend pot up past half, it drops off and with blend up full, there's no sound at all - that's not right is it?

[quote name='whimsy23' post='1296581' date='Jul 7 2011, 10:44 PM']Took it to the shop last saturday, the guy messed around with it, said it seemed ok to him. Said take it back and if it's not alright he'll replace it. So, took it to practice again tonight, new leads, new patch leads, my own head etc - still happening. Played with the knobs and it seems when I turn the blend pot up past half, it drops off and with blend up full, there's no sound at all - that's not right is it?[/quote]
I've a fair idea what it might be but in any case it's a new pedal and not down to you to fix it -- take it back, and insist on a replacement. Based on the descriptions you've given, it is [i]definitely[/i] a fault, hence you need a replacement. :)

Yeah the guy in the shop did play around with it, I watched him, he was twiddling knobs and stuff, though he didn't play with it for long, about 2 minutes. Originally they thought it was my leads, but I've tried amps at the practice room, my own amp, active and passive basses, a guitar, various leads (even bought a brand new planet waves one) etc and I'm getting the problem whatever I use. I've made a 40 second video of the fault so I can show them what's happening in case of any dispute.