Why become a member? ×

Hello

jdel

Hello everyone, just registered on the forum yesterday. I've actually been reading a lot on basschat and finally decided to make the move.
I'm a frenchman living in Luxembourg. I've learned english talking to english, irish, northern irish and scottish people so I apologise in advance for all the nonsense I will write on this forum.

I've been playing the bass for about 8 years now, started in 2003 or 2004 as I recall. I started playing on a very special Leduc bass, with no amp for about 2 year... It is some unique model Leduc or one of his employees made when they moved their atelier from Rombas to Thionville. It is basically a 4 string bass, but with 5 strings on. I always had problems finding basses for me due to the string spacing i learned to play on: 15mm... A few years later, I've then bought an Aria SB 900 with no frets on, and I just don't really like frets anymore now.

I've been playing with the same band for a few years as well now. They picked me up when I could barely play the bass as their bass player left late 2005 or 2006, I can't remember. We play some groove rock, that's all I can call it. Some say it feels a bit like the Spin Doctors, but I believe it is a bit more like spin doctors on steroids or something. Among the 3 of us, the biggest references are: Alice in Chains, Soudgarden, Pearl Jam and all the kinda grunge scene from the 90s. I invite you to listen to some of the rehearsal recordings on [url="http://www.myspace.com/odokom"]myspace[/url], we have been looking for a singer for over 2 years now, with no luck, but it doesn't prevent us from playing like mad every week end.

Thanks for reading !