Why become a member? ×

Nice relic on a Squire Jazz

Jase

Not a bad job if you're into relics that is :)

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FENDER-SQUIRE-CUSTOM-RELIC-JAZZ-BASS_W0QQitemZ140210568479QQihZ004QQcategoryZ4713QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FENDER-SQUIRE-CUSTOM...1QQcmdZViewItem[/url]

What's the bets that in a few years time, if not sooner, someone will pass that one off on an unsuspecting punter as a real Fender?

I hate it when they stick a Fender decal on the headstock...

ps. I'm relicing my VMJ the proper way... over several years...

Edited by Paul Cooke

[quote name='3V17C' post='148134' date='Feb 27 2008, 10:08 PM']yeah not bad that - i'm in the process of relic-ing a MIM Sunburst Jazz - don't really know why, just thought i'd give it a whirl!! will post some pics up once its done (providing i don't ruin it of course!!)

peace

c[/quote]

Look forward to that, I've been thinking about getting my CIJ vintage white done. Are you doing just the paint work or is the hardware getting the treatment too? :)

hardware will be getting 'the treatment' too! - basically i got the bass secondhand ages ago but the guy i got it off must have kept it in his shed or something so the pickups and control plate are already quite rusty/pitted etc which is what gave me the idea to go the whole hog and relic it.

peace

c