Why become a member? ×

Musicman SUB - TRADED PLEASE REMOVE

gjones

I'm putting my Active Musicman SUB up for sale. I bought it from MattM (original thread here [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=135816&hl=sub"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=135816&hl=sub[/url] ) in May but have since bought a black SUB, which is my preferred colour from Basschat's Me And My Bass on this forum a week or so ago.
Most people on Basschat know what a great bass the SUB is - i.e. a Stingray at a bargain price - so I doubt I need to go into great detail. It's enough to say I liked this one so much that I went out, within a month, and bought another!

In the spirit of the forum I'm passing it on at the same price I bought it for, which is £340 or I would trade it for a decent Fender Precision. It is set up perfectly with a low action and sounds great and I'll include the sturdy gigbag MattM gave me when I picked it up from him. It's obviously been looked after very well. There is bit of slight scuffing on the headstock which has been touched up by a previous owner with black nail varnish. The only other wear and tear , that isn't mentioned in MattM's post, is a small dent at the bottom of the bass which is hardly noticable.

At the moment I'm just offering the bass to people who can collect it from me in Edinburgh as I could do without the hassle of posting and possible damage in transit.

[attachment=83323:SUB_floor_web.jpg]
[attachment=83324:SUB_body_web.jpg]
[attachment=83322:SUB_Headstock_web.jpg]

Edited by gjones

[quote name='thepurpleblob' post='1281627' date='Jun 24 2011, 11:01 PM']I have a (shall we say) well used MIJ 57 reissue sat doing nothing - but I'm not too sure what I would do with yet another MusicMan. I'd be one away from the full set !![/quote]

Well I like a bit of MOJO whatcha got? Any photos?

[quote name='thepurpleblob' post='1281804' date='Jun 25 2011, 07:48 AM']It looks like this....[/quote]

It looks fine, a bit of rust on the pickups and screws (some people pay extra for that). Anything wrong under the hood? Is the neck ok? Pots working?

'Blob mate, you NEED to have a 2EQ 'Ray in the collection. Ain't nuthin' wrong with a 3EQ and 2EQ under the same roof :) Trade with confidence, top bass and Gareth's a top bloke. Lovin' the P, instant JJ Burnell...

[quote name='gjones' post='1281926' date='Jun 25 2011, 10:24 AM']It looks fine, a bit of rust on the pickups and screws (some people pay extra for that). Anything wrong under the hood? Is the neck ok? Pots working?[/quote]

It works spot on. The jack was a bit rubbish when I got it and I replaced it with a new Switchcraft one. There is generally a few knocks and scrapes on the body but no big dings or nastiness. Tuners work. The only properly bad bit is the bridge as some of the screws have seized up. I have a new Wilkinson one (somewhere) that I was going to put on next time I changed the strings. I got it as something I could stick in a gig-bag and not worry about too much but I've never really used it that much.

It sounds like a proper Precision. Worst bit pictured...

Edited by thepurpleblob

[quote name='thepurpleblob' post='1281965' date='Jun 25 2011, 11:13 AM']It works spot on. The jack was a bit rubbish when I got it and I replaced it with a new Switchcraft one. There is generally a few knocks and scrapes on the body but no big dings or nastiness. Tuners work. The only properly bad bit is the bridge as some of the screws have seized up. I have a new Wilkinson one (somewhere) that I was going to put on next time I changed the strings. I got it as something I could stick in a gig-bag and not worry about too much but I've never really used it that much.

It sounds like a proper Precision. Worst bit pictured...[/quote]

Sounds fine to me. I will PM you.