Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Boss Micro BR + Boss BR Stereo Mic + Case, Awesome mini recorder - BARGAIN price

Hi all

I bought this little lot from Pantherairsoft back in February, but apart from getting it all out of the box to have an initial play, I've not really used it.

I'm sure you all know what this thing can do, but a few highlights below: -

[b]The World’s Smallest Pro Studio![/b]

Meet the ultimate palmtop recording studio. Only slightly larger than an iPod, the tiny-yet-powerful MICRO BR is dream for musicians on the go. The MICRO BR offers four simultaneous playback tracks (plus 32 V-Tracks), an SD Card slot, onboard multi-effects, built-in rhythm patterns, a tuner, MP3 compatibility, USB, and more. No guitar case or gig bag should be without one!

Ultra portable, only slightly larger than an iPod
4-track playback, 32 V-Tracks
SD Card slot for recording media, 128MB card included
Multi-effects onboard
Time-Stretch and Center Cancel features
293 rhythm patterns
MP3 compatible
Built-in tuner and microphone
USB port for data transfer

There's a decent review [url="http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/feb07/articles/bossmicrobr.htm"]here.[/url]

It's basically a 4 track recorder, with a built in tuner, drum machine, MP3 player, and effects box! Oh, and it'll act as a USB interface into your computer, too.

This is boxed, with instructions, and also comes with an external Sony stereo mic (for better recording), and the Boss leather case.

[attachment=83319:IMG_2064.jpg]

I got this for a very good price, so I'm happy to pass that on. £85, inc Special Delivery. Paypal gift preferred.

Would also trade against a valve-type pedal, or try me with whatever you may have!

Cheers

Mark.

Edited by tredders

[quote name='Hamster' post='1279707' date='Jun 23 2011, 03:18 PM']I'm thinking about selling my Earthbound Audio Supercollider if you fancy a swap?[/quote]

Could well be interested in a swap - does this also do slightly less full-on fuzz? I'm thinking more of warm, valve, mild overdrive? All of the Youtube videos seem to show mahoosive fuzz, which isn't really what I'm after. However, if it does slightly more subtle, then it'll do for me, I think.

[quote name='tredders' post='1279725' date='Jun 23 2011, 03:41 PM']Could well be interested in a swap - does this also do slightly less full-on fuzz? I'm thinking more of warm, valve, mild overdrive? All of the Youtube videos seem to show mahoosive fuzz, which isn't really what I'm after. However, if it does slightly more subtle, then it'll do for me, I think.[/quote]

It's really quite a full-on in your face fuzz pedal that's great for bass, but it's quite flexible and imho does a reasonable impersonation of a valve type overdrive. It might not go quite as mild as you may like as 'mild' is quite subjective!

I also have a Boss delay pedal that's off my board at the moment if you fancy one of those?

[quote name='Hamster' post='1279905' date='Jun 23 2011, 05:39 PM']It's really quite a full-on in your face fuzz pedal that's great for bass, but it's quite flexible and imho does a reasonable impersonation of a valve type overdrive. It might not go quite as mild as you may like as 'mild' is quite subjective!

I also have a Boss delay pedal that's off my board at the moment if you fancy one of those?[/quote]

I think I'll leave it, thanks. I was more looking for a DHA-type pedal (or cash!) - this does look a bit too full-on for what I want it for.

Thanks anyway!

[quote name='nottswarwick' post='1285811' date='Jun 28 2011, 10:23 PM']Does this connect with a mac?[/quote]

I've never tried it, but did a quick Google and it seems to suggest that it does: -

---------------------------

"Transferring an MP3/WAV File to a Computer

Connect a USB cable from your computer to the MICRO BR—the MICRO BR appears
as a removable storage device on your computer. On a:

Windows PC—it appears in your My Computer window.

Mac—it appears on your desktop."

"USB connectivity is cross platform to PC or Mac"

The manual also says that it's Mac compatible.

Hope this helps,

Mark.

[quote name='fatback' post='1286230' date='Jun 29 2011, 11:28 AM']Interested in a swap for a DHA VT-1?

Pretty well perfect nick, and a spare ECC81 for a change of tone. P/S included.

I'm in Ireland, so postage would cost a bit more on both sides. :)[/quote]

PM-d