Why become a member? ×

flight case warehouse jazz case

chrisd24

[quote name='Hobbayne' post='1277022' date='Jun 21 2011, 01:30 PM']I have one of those, it is extremely well padded, the tolex type pvc is coming away a bit and the glue they use is very pungent, good construction and well worth the price, good VFM IMHO[/quote]

Think i may have to pull the trigger on one, it looks a bit like a g and g case to me, whats it like for weight? they dont seem to give specs for weight.

I had one by these guys for my thunderbird, dear god it weighed a ton.
And it didn't fit the bass very well (it rattled round inside if you weren't careful). But it was a one off and the guy I bought it off gave the dimensions so that was part of the problem.

[quote name='Al Heeley' post='1277290' date='Jun 21 2011, 04:45 PM']What other options are avalable for a hard shell JB case?[/quote]

I would strongly recommend that you at least try calling the Hiscox factory.

They do have an incredibly tight QC system and their runs often produce a couple of "seconds" which they sell on at VERY attractive prices :)

Definitely worth a punt IMHO.

I've bought two LiteFlite cases in the past and I honestly can't see what is wrong with either of them!!

[quote name='bassicinstinct' post='1277320' date='Jun 21 2011, 04:56 PM']I would strongly recommend that you at least try calling the Hiscox factory.

They do have an incredibly tight QC system and their runs often produce a couple of "seconds" which they sell on at VERY attractive prices :)

Definitely worth a punt IMHO.

I've bought two LiteFlite cases in the past and I honestly can't see what is wrong with either of them!![/quote]

I ordered one from the flightcase warehouse about half an hour ago!

Good to know for future reference though,had a hiscox a while ago and their great cases.

[quote name='Ross' post='1277262' date='Jun 21 2011, 04:23 PM']I had one by these guys for my thunderbird, dear god it weighed a ton.
And it didn't fit the bass very well (it rattled round inside if you weren't careful). But it was a one off and the guy I bought it off gave the dimensions so that was part of the problem.[/quote]

Was that one of there actual flightcases or a case like the one in my link?

[quote name='bassicinstinct' post='1277320' date='Jun 21 2011, 04:56 PM']I would strongly recommend that you at least try calling the Hiscox factory.[/quote]
I phoned them this morning - couple of jazz bass case seconds in stock, £45 for cash but you have to get over to Cannock to collect. Pretty good value if you ask me, for small cosmetic defects. Sadly I live a bit far away to nip over at lunchtime.

Well my case arrived yesterday and i have to say it is appalling!

I think I must have received a second because a jazz bass wont even fit,and when i kind of "make" it fit the whole case gets out of shape, i have emailed the flightcase warehouse to let them know so lets wait and see what they have to say!

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='1279498' date='Jun 23 2011, 11:50 AM']I'm surprised people still buy cases like the one in the OP, given that you can get a Hiscox (which, to be blunt, is a 'proper' case) for seventy quid...[/quote]

I think thats part of the problem to be honest, for custom flight case manufacturers.

Saying that, I had a flight case made by [url="http://www.dragoncases.co.uk"]http://www.dragoncases.co.uk[/url] some years back, and while it may've cost a bit more than the off-the-shelf types, they were cracking guys to deal with! (not to mention their end product was faultless).

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='1279498' date='Jun 23 2011, 11:50 AM']I'm surprised people still buy cases like the one in the OP, given that you can get a Hiscox (which, to be blunt, is a 'proper' case) for seventy quid...[/quote]

I had a hiscox a year or so ago with my aerodyne precision,definitely a nice case but the bass seemed to move around a bit too much inside,i think I'm gonna get this sent back and get a couple more of [url="http://www.gak.co.uk/en/fender-moulded-bass-case/34432"]these[/url] as i have one already,and although they are a tad on the big and expensive side they fit a jazz like a dream,and i have 3 jazzes so these should stack nicely together!