Why become a member? ×

GHS Brite Flats - where can I get them?

RaNoFuNkY

Hi All,

I'm looking for strings to put on my 2eq 'Ray so my sound goes into Bernard Edwards territory.

I've read that GHS Brite Flats are the way to go here. Does anyone have any experience with these strings on a 'Ray? If so, do people have any specific recommendations regarding the choice of string gauge?

Finally - is there anywhere in the UK where I can order them?

There are a few expensive packs on ebay, but is there anywhere else people have used? They aren't on stringbusters...

Cheers!

I got some from Strings Direct a few years ago for my fretless Yamaha but they had to order them in for me. Status Hotwire half rounds are very similar though and cheaper if you want to try those in the meantime!

Edited by dannybuoy

Source: -

Go to stringsdirect.co.uk - and send an e-mail via "Contact us". Brite Flats are not listed on the web-site shop, so ask in the e-mail for the one's you want. I did that about 9 months ago. Strings were delivered in about 4 days.

Balcro.

Edited by Balcro

[quote name='ficelles' post='1276538' date='Jun 21 2011, 12:45 AM']Out of interest how different are they to D'Addario half rounds?

ficelles[/quote]

sorry for offtopic
i don`t know the brite ghs ones..but i played d´addario halfrounds and i think they are lifeless.
you may give the d´angelico smooth rounds a try..cheap and one of the best strings i have tried..and i trid a lot.
they cool them smooth rounds..but they are more flats/halfrounds with an roundwound edge..love them

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='dannybuoy' post='1276243' date='Jun 20 2011, 07:35 PM']I got some from Strings Direct a few years ago for my fretless Yamaha but they had to order them in for me. Status Hotwire half rounds are very similar though and cheaper if you want to try those in the meantime![/quote]
Just ordered Status flats for my Status.I'll let you know how they sound(I've been using Elite rounds for years so it's going to be a shock!).