Why become a member? ×

Bridges which fit under birdge covers.

Ross

Hey, I'm getting round to sorting my '62 RI Jazz out finally, the sets gone a bit wonky, the necks dry, the hardware is crusty.
Anyway, I was thinking of putting some pickup covers on it, only trouble being I've heard they don't fit over badass II bridges? Can anyone recommend bridges which do fit.

A second question, I noticed the truss rod screw is in the most inconvinient place possible. Bottom of the neck with no rout to access it. I don't really want to add a rout to it, whats the best way to adjust the truss rod, this seems like it's gonna be a major pain in the arse.

[quote name='Ross' post='1275764' date='Jun 20 2011, 12:00 PM']Hey, I'm getting round to sorting my '62 RI Jazz out finally, the sets gone a bit wonky, the necks dry, the hardware is crusty.
Anyway, I was thinking of putting some pickup covers on it, only trouble being I've heard they don't fit over badass II bridges? Can anyone recommend bridges which do fit.

A second question, I noticed the truss rod screw is in the most inconvinient place possible. Bottom of the neck with no rout to access it. I don't really want to add a rout to it, whats the best way to adjust the truss rod, this seems like it's gonna be a major pain in the arse.[/quote]

Standard Fender covers don't fit over Hipshot (type A IIRC) either.

Truss rod access:- Capo or rubber band over strings at nut to hold strings in place - loosen all strings (right slack) - undo 4 screws of neck plate. You can choose to remove screws & neck completely or just move neck in pocket enough to get to truss rod, in which case you don't have to remove screws.

Be careful neck isn't tight or stuck to paint around pocket, it can cause chips of paint on the edge if you're not careful. If it's been off before you're probably OK.

Adjust as required - right to tight / left to loose - refit neck & retune. Try it but leave at least overnight with strings tuned to allow time to settle before any other adjustments.

HTH, John

Edited by KiOgon