Why become a member? ×

FS: Lakland Decade - Lightweight & Phat! - SOLD

Legion

Update: Now on ebay, few more pictures there as well.
[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330578227754&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT"]Lakland Decade[/url]

Since previously owning a Decade (with Humbuckers) I'd come around to realising I wanted another, albeit with single coils instead. Not long after having bought this lovely Skyline one another option came up to get hold of my ideal USA version of the same bass.

So as I now know I'm heading Stateside in July and will be able to collect the USA one I need to shift this one on fast as two decades is too phat for any man:)

It's in great condition with 3 tiny dings, one on the upper edge of the body and one "impression" dent near the forearm contour area and also one tiny scratch on the very end of the headstock. They are nothing to care about about but just there for full disclosure. Sounds awesome and the neck is a dream to play. Whats even better is that it's rocking the scales at a very lightweight 8lbs 2oz - which for a Mahogany body is very nice.

It has a cheapish padded gigbag but I can ship it in a proper box with proper packaging. [s]£720 [/s] £700 shipped or [s]£700 [/s] £680collected from Ipswich area.
[attachment=82711:decade1.jpg]
[attachment=82712:decade2.jpg]

Edited by Legion

[quote name='Fuzzbass2000' post='1274018' date='Jun 18 2011, 06:56 PM']That's loverly but I'm a tad confused.... the pickups on this one - are they single coils or humbuckers? Not having played one, would you say it thumps like a P or does it have more of the cuttiing edge of a J-bass.... or something else?[/quote]
This has single coils, the previous one I owned had humbuckers. I would say the best way to get a taste for the tone is to check out the lakland website clips (which are actually from a Skyline model, not a USA one even though the webpage infers it)

[url="http://www.lakland.com/ac_decade.htm"]Lakland Decade sound clips[/url]

[quote name='Legion' post='1274065' date='Jun 18 2011, 07:54 PM']This has single coils, the previous one I owned had humbuckers. I would say the best way to get a taste for the tone is to check out the lakland website clips (which are actually from a Skyline model, not a USA one even though the webpage infers it)

[url="http://www.lakland.com/ac_decade.htm"]Lakland Decade sound clips[/url][/quote]

Thanks - had a listen - sounds quite full and rounded to me. I'm getting more of a Gibson than a Fender vibe (massive generalisation I know). How do you think it would sit with two noisy guitarists and a full on rock and roll drummer?

(curiosity mildly piqued!)

[quote name='Fuzzbass2000' post='1274165' date='Jun 18 2011, 09:47 PM']Thanks - had a listen - sounds quite full and rounded to me. I'm getting more of a Gibson than a Fender vibe (massive generalisation I know). How do you think it would sit with two noisy guitarists and a full on rock and roll drummer?

(curiosity mildly piqued!)[/quote]
I'd say Gibsonesque is a spot on generalisation, its capable of that wall shaking sort of bass without being too muddy. I'd never used mine with 2 guitarists but it did cope with one loud guitarist/drummer and the very dominant keys player with an overactive left hand. I just played the "I've got more bass than you" card and laughed.

You're more than welcome to try the bass out if you're in the area.

You don't fancy a Sterling by Musicman SB14 as a partial trade do you?

Edit - Actually scratch that, I really don't need any more basses. It's just so pretty!

Edited by Wil