Why become a member? ×

no longer for sale

trevthebass

hi im looking to trade for stingray 5, or lakland dj5, or sell for £550 im the second owner form new this bass is just over a year old and is in perfect condition still under warranty thanks for looking trevor.07828-333256 buyer can collect in sout east london/kent.

Edited by trevthebass

Yes, it is, Pedro. You can even see Trev's eBay question. So Trev is selling on a bass but using a personal description from someone else? I was suspicious as Trev's normal use of punctuation and spelling was not present.

I don't trust "trev" as a seller or buyer, whatsoever. Had a really poor experience with him personally. And this just makes me think he is utterly taking the piss.

[quote name='Mike' post='146187' date='Feb 24 2008, 08:56 PM']Maybe he's just another "buy on eBay, mark it up and sell on BC" cowboy. Bought for £525 on eBay...Selling for £650 on Basschat.

Gotta love that community spirit![/quote]

+1 Agreed, don't just buy a bass and sell it on for more. Wheres the love? :)

my dad taught me one good lesson in life, buying and selling is two different things, whats up mikey boy and pedro soony jimbo, you dont think i was fair when i sold my gk 700rb mark 2 bass head for £250 na, and what about my fender jazz usa 5 badass bridge for £400 na- grow up boys.and another thing i payed £475 for the jazz and lost £75 within two weks so whos not a decent chappy dont write on my threads anymore mikey or pedro.

Edited by trevthebass

I tend to think of this place as a Bass Forum plus selling boards - not Selling Boards with attached forums.

I think the idea is to contribute to the bass community - not just buy & sell, and advertise yourself for lessons etc.

And Trev, I [b]will[/b] warn potential buyers or sellers about dealing with difficult people.

And one more thing - I note you singularly failed to deal with the main point, which was that your post is exceptionally misleading as it's all someone elses words. If it's technical stuff, fair play - but yours was the whole thing.

And [b]edit[/b]: I can't really understand what questions, if any, were in your post, too difficult to read, sorry.

Edited by Mike

Trev, I have to be honest bud, IMO that is somewhat cheeky and I can't say I approve. However, I will say no more than that as I am not the one buying this bass and I am clearly not the one selling, so what I think is somewhat moot if someone is willing to pay for it. I wish you the best of luck moving it on if you don't wish to keep it.

Additionally (being objective here), your asking price is a tad high. This can definitely be purchased for 699 pounds new.

DISCLAIMER: My intent is not to damage your sale, but to at least let you know you may be asking a little too much for something that has been played for a year.

Mark

thanks mate yer it is a tad to high i have realized, however i am fair with people from my last two sales, and its cool now ive done a deal with someone for something else cheers all you low riders trev. p.s mikey mate im not the only guy offering bass lessons and if you look at that my prices they are very reasonable for a man with my wealth of exsperience.

I'm gonna have to stand up and vouch for trevor on this. I bought the GK 700rb-II head off him for £250 as mentioned. That in itself is a killer price and trev was fine to deal with, Spoke to him on the phone before I travelled down to pick it up and was easy to deal with.

As trev had previously stated he had a gig that evening but his father was there who went through the deal with me an gave me a contact number on the off chance it didn't work. The heads been working fine these last few months and I got for a great price so I can't complain about anything trevor has done i'd urge people not to be put off by this thread.

And Mike, I understand you had a bad experience dealing with trevor, but i'd say you're out of line by criticizing him for his activities on the boards. I've been a member for here for almost a year and all i've done really is buy and sell items, am I not 'contributing to the bass community' enough? Many people on here only buy and sell things cause of the great wealth of stuff on the forums.

Bottom line: I've dealt with Trevor, everything went fine. It's not my place to comment on the Ebay thing.

thankyou young man, my dad told me you come with your dad, reminds me of when i was a nipper LOL mate you got a deal and half i year old serviced £250 gk 700 rb mark 11 mate you met my old fella and my dad met your old fella,, you got a thing mate didnt you, all the best with the gk they are one of the best amps you can use in the world, thankyou young sir and great your dad met a old timer like one old timer to another your dad said to my my dad dont worry geoff we have a bargain here we will get the ears thanks matey for sticky up for me . :)

[quote name='trevthebass' post='147524' date='Feb 27 2008, 12:15 AM']i had a deal with mikey he said im coming now i said cool ive got £500 here now i need to go down the road twenty mins away to get the other £250 he told me to fffffffff oooooffffffff .[/quote]

Right. Or the truth, which was: You said you would have the full amount (still less than I'd asked for, of course) by a certain time. I drove down to Lakeside with the bass and hung about to hear from you. That time came and went. You kept me waiting hours, wasting my time, before - unbelievably - making ME start ringing round on your behalf! I had to phone your dad (I still can't believe I did that) to sort out your poorly-thought out plan.

Eventually, when you told me to make more phonecalls and start driving you around the town, I realised you were massively taking the piss, and decided to leave. You'd wasted a hell of a lot of my time & petrol money, while I was bending over backwards to help you out (delivering the bass, waiting til you were ready, PHONING people for you - "yeah i got no credit, mate").

Hmm, funny when I relate the actual version of events, it doesn't seem to correlate with yours. Never mind, eh? Keep on buying and selling then - best of luck. You'll need it, when you either just copy inaccurate descriptions, or as you are now, not even putting any information about the bass up at all!

have to agree with mike on last paragraph!

originally you used the sellers ebay description for this bass, making it sound as though you had been the only owner from new!

naughty naughty young man!

play the real game!

Edited by andy67

bottom down and covered - i'm not the other way inclined! lol :)

good luck with the sale, it is a fine bass, however a wee bit of advice...dont try to pull the wool over folks eyes!

it might be worth pulling this thread and starting anew! give all potential buyers the correct information and a better price!

you never know!

andy

Edited by andy67