Why become a member? ×

Geddy Lee Jazz Bass

tonybassplayer

Getting close to a decision on a decent Jazz Bass and slightly tempted in to a used Geddy Lee model.

Any thoughts about them etc ??

I must admit before I checked I thought that they might be more to purchase new but they are going for just over £600 at most places, what should I pay used ?? ( depending on condition etc )

Many thanks and apologies for asking so many questions over the last few days but I need to spend the money from the sale of my strat quickly or it will just get wasted on things like food and clothing etc ( I know you will all understand )

Tony

Hi, I have a Geddy Lee Bass and really happy with it,
the neck is excellent, setup is excellent even straight from the factory
for the price all the extra's you get is a bargain
you get a 70's jazz bass with 60's fender pickups, bad ass II bridge

Most of all get a shot of one and test it out before you buy, you will be impressed

Excellent

One of the best Japanese Fenders I've used, great bass, nice snarly, grinding bright tone. Build quality is 10/10.

Neck dimensions totally different from the classic Jazz shape, it's ultra slim. The weight of the bass is very comfortable. It's a very good bass and the price tag is reasonable too :)

I've had mine over 2 years and I'm well happy with it - the neck is the best feature. I think the new ones have a sanded neck as Geddy himself requested. He's even replaced the neck on his main Jazz with his signature neck.

Top bass, but it didn't stop me putting a series / parallel switch & a pair of Wizard 84's (when they arrive :) ) in it though! I wish I could stop meddling... :brow:

Edited by johnnylager

I have 2 Geddy Lee Fender Jazz basses reason being they are so playable, very fast neck, you get this really nice deep tone which I haven't found in any other Jazz, you wouldn't do wrong buying new at the price they are.

Out of interest does anyone know what other Fenders have this slim neck?

I've read in a few random reviews that some of the CIJ signature models, Dunn, Redding have the slim neck profile like the Geddy, also found a site which had a Geddy with a 3 bolt neck plate:

[url="http://www.chrisguitars.com/bass.html"]http://www.chrisguitars.com/bass.html[/url]

Scroll down for pics of the Geddy neck. I'm gassing now for a Noel Redding :)

[quote name='Bassmurf' post='147809' date='Feb 27 2008, 01:46 PM']Just took delivery of my Geddy bass yesterday and it's the first bass out of the last few that I just can't stop playing, had owned a USA P-bass which was ok, hadn't played a jazz before but am loving this version of it! Now I just have to look at that J-Lo Hyperdrive pedal... :)[/quote]
Hey Smurf, top choice - has it got a sanded neck now? Post a review of thet Hyperdrive when ye get it, if I don't do it first... :huh:

No, it's got the gloss finish (I only read about the sanded neck yesterday when I was waiting for it to be delivered) but I'm gonna see how I get on with that and I may sand it down and beeswax like I did on my first bass (a Yamaha RBX550M!).

Re: Hyperdrive - friday is payday so we'll see...!

• 3 years later...