Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hello all

wez

Hi all, I thought its about time i introduced myself as I've been reading these forums for a couple of years but only just signed up.
The names Steve, im from Wolverhampton and been playing bass on and off for about 28 years. The band i was in up to '95 have just recently got back together and after a 15 year hiatus from playing or playing very little, we should be gigging soon. I would class myself as a 5 out of 10 player nothing special as I'm self taught and never really learnt the technical or theory side of playing, although I'm learning a bit now.
My equipment at the mo is basic but works (sold most my stuff back in the 90's)
'87 Fender power jazz bass special
Peavey TKO65 combo (from early 80's not sure when because i got it second hand, but thing wont die great amp)
Line six bass floor pod

Looking to upgrade to a decent amp in the near future as my first buy (and when i've got the money) but looking around at the on the forum i've got a serious case of cashless GAS!!
Anyway will see you guys on here over time.

WEZ

[quote name='Len_derby' post='1266342' date='Jun 12 2011, 05:29 PM']Welcome Steve.
What kind of stuff will your band be playing? Is it the same set list from 1995? :)[/quote]
OMG I hope not, won't be in the band long if that happens!!
At the mo were writing new stuff, which i would say is based on the indie type stuff we were playing back then, although my fingers won't move as fast now and my playing style has changed/improved so different feel now. Im also thinking of doing something perhaps with the singer, me on bass and writing/playing comp based/keyboard backing not sure how that will work though yet.
wez

Edited by wez