Why become a member? ×

best 5 string under £500 new what your call

fluffo

[quote name='4StringFortress' post='1265449' date='Jun 11 2011, 10:13 PM']Exactly i love my 374 it can do anything i need it to do and more its by no means inferior atall[/quote]
I've had a 374 & 375, I was not Impressed with it atall, straight back in the boxes and back to GAK.
I've just sold my 3 rbx 775's now they are the real deal, but fancy a change

[quote name='stef030' post='1266422' date='Jun 12 2011, 06:39 PM']I got a peavey cirrus 5 string about a couple of months ago,

fab piece of kit for the money,
nice neck,good eq sound loverly

about £420 or 30 new

just the job
cheers
stef[/quote]
Had 1 a little while ago nice but string spacing to tight

[quote name='Delberthot' post='1266026' date='Jun 12 2011, 01:28 PM']Try the SRX range - [url="http://www.fretmusic.co.uk/Ibanez_SRX365-TGY_SRX_Model_5_String_Bass_Guitar_In_Titanium_Gray.html"]18mm string spacing[/url] and only £330[/quote]
Looks nice, wouldn't mind trying one shame it's only a 2 band eq

[quote name='blackmn90' post='1265319' date='Jun 11 2011, 08:19 PM']warwick rockbass fortress new or german warwick S/H or if you can stretch the overwater by tanglewood range looks good[/quote]
Hate em , had a corvette 5 custom a few years ago it looked fantastic but didn't play that well even after set up

[quote name='fatgoogle' post='1266456' date='Jun 12 2011, 07:03 PM']Yamaha TRB 1005.[/quote]

+1

I appreciate you specifically said 'new' in the OP, but you should be able to find these second hand for £400-£500. The low B is outstanding. I have a 6 string TRB and I've found it to be great bass all round, I couldn't recommend those TRB low B's enough!