Why become a member? ×

Aguilar Tonehammer 500

scalpy

[quote name='molan' post='1348008' date='Aug 22 2011, 01:52 PM']I spent some more time A/B'ing the TH vs the AG yesterday.

I find the core sound to be really quite different. Could even see a reason to keep both for different situations :)[/quote]

I know what you mean, I tried it yesterday with my MB 410, Im not sure I'll actually get one now. It sounds similar to my 500 SC but a little sterile. Don't get me wrong, it sounded mint, but by comparison it didn't quite have the substance of my current head. I need to go back and spend more time with it.

Dan

• 4 weeks later...

I am considering one of these to go with my pair of GS112's which sound superb with my Shuttle 9. However, the MarkBass head thats in my MarkBass 121H combo which I believe is a Little Mark II sounds even better through my two GS112's than my Shuttle 9. So I was thinking of gettig a Little Mark II or III but have heard good things about these TH500 heads.

Anyone compared them to a Little Mark II or III? My Shuttle 9 is a little dark and flatter than my Little Mark II head in my combo. The Little Mark is cleaner and punchier. Any ideas what the TH500 will be like?

I've had a chance to use mine on a couple of different style gigs now.
Have to say it's just fab. I'm using it with 2x DB112 cabs and it's is small in size but huge in sound.
Very loud, very articulate, extremely versatile. We play a huge range of music from swing to chart via everything from van the man to lady gaga. With very little tweaking the amp handled all this very nicely.
It's great being able to hear more, whilst my Ampeg rig perhaps "moved more air", this is a much more detailed sound whilst still having loads of oomph. The DRIVE knob is fun. I cranked it up at one point and was a full on rock god ( aye right !! ) for a while.
In true Harmony Central speak - if it was stolen I'd buy another.
S