Why become a member? ×

Hello from the North

Acebassmusic

Hi All,

After many years of lurking, reading and getting lots of good info from the forum I thought it was about time I signed up and contributed back. :)

Currently living and working in Aberdeen I've put together a local covers band ( [url="http://Groovecruise.co.uk"]Groove Cruise[/url] ) who play approx 25 gigs a year. I got my first "real" bass 29 years ago (OMG!!!) a Kay bass in the shape of a Les Paul. Even starting on that bass didn't deter me from learning! Various bouts of GAS have seen some very nice (and some not so nice) basses come and go. Having a wonderful wife who has actively encouraged me on several occasions to buy basses still amazes me! At some point I'll try and put up piccies of some of the ones I've owned and also ones I'm using at the moment.

Hopefully I will be able to contribute to threads and payback some of the invaluable help the site has given me in the past.

[quote name='Acebassmusic' post='1256517' date='Jun 4 2011, 02:56 PM']Hi All,

After many years of lurking, reading and getting lots of good info from the forum I thought it was about time I signed up and contributed back. :)

Currently living and working in Aberdeen I've put together a local covers band ( [url="http://Groovecruise.co.uk"]Groove Cruise[/url] ) who play approx 25 gigs a year. I got my first "real" bass 29 years ago (OMG!!!) a Kay bass in the shape of a Les Paul. Even starting on that bass didn't deter me from learning! Various bouts of GAS have seen some very nice (and some not so nice) basses come and go. Having a wonderful wife who has actively encouraged me on several occasions to buy basses still amazes me! At some point I'll try and put up piccies of some of the ones I've owned and also ones I'm using at the moment.

Hopefully I will be able to contribute to threads and payback some of the invaluable help the site has given me in the past.[/quote]

Fit like, Mike? :)

[quote name='neepheid' post='1256540' date='Jun 4 2011, 03:20 PM']Fit like, Mike? :)[/quote]

Yip Indeed it is me - that you Matt? What are you modding at the moment (I know you have a fetish for that sort of thing....lol)?

[quote name='BB2000' post='1256544' date='Jun 4 2011, 03:23 PM'][s]Mike [/s] Ann ...... Sorted it for you.[/quote]

Ann?? Only use that name at the weekends :) ......OK I checked you profile but cant see any clues as to your identity.....???

[quote name='Acebassmusic' post='1256627' date='Jun 4 2011, 04:38 PM']Yip Indeed it is me - that you Matt? What are you modding at the moment (I know you have a fetish for that sort of thing....lol)?[/quote]

Aye, it's me. I'm in the middle of trying to make a headless Thunderbird but I've lost interest in it for the moment - too busy with lessons and getting up to speed for a band I'm hoping to join soon.