have got a peavy cirrus 5,it is going through batteries like I need to buy
shares in a company,
3 to 4 hours max,surely this cant be right,
so my question is,
1)how do I check
2)is there anywhere in the hastings eastbourne area for repair

thanks in advance

stef

Sounds like you need to swap the wires on the output socket. I'm not familiar with Peavey basses, but the active basses I am familiar with all have three wires going to the socket: one hot, one earth, and one battery earth. If the two earths are swapped over, then the battery will drain all the time, whereas if they are wired the right way round, then the battery is only drained when a lead is plugged in. From your description it seems very likely that the battery is being drained 24/7, in which case the likely cause is that these wires have been connected wrongly.

I don't know what colour wires go to your output socket, but if one of them is white (or red) and the other two are black or blue, then leave the white one alone and swap the other two. Alternatively, show us a photo of the wires attached to your socket, and I'll try and figure it out. Or if you're handy with a multimeter then you might be able to figure it all out yourself.

Edited by mart

[quote name='alyctes' post='1255166' date='Jun 3 2011, 10:43 AM']I've got a Cirrus BXP 4 with the same issue. I'd be happy to compare notes. I did find a wiring dagram for the Cirrus BXP 5 which might help - PM me an email address and I'll send it to you.[/quote]

Or download one from the 4th post here:
[url="http://forums.peavey.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3575"]http://forums.peavey.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3575[/url]