Why become a member? ×

70's Fender P bass

davebass66

So....my on going search for a P bass continues (see thread on 60th Anni P bass)

The guy I am about to start teaching for had this P bass, which he recently acquired from a women divorcing her husband and selling it to p*ss him off! (cold)!

He said it was '73 but the serial suggests '75/6

Anyway, it's not in amazing condition but it was light, played amazingly smooth and sounded so much better than the modern P's i tried downstairs in his shop...like no comparison better!

I just wanted to see if there were any Fender experts out there who would be able to suggest what i should be paying for a 76 P in this condition...it also has a replacement scratch plate, although as far as i know everything else is original.

I was thinking of offering him a grand for it (seeing as I kinda work for him, i would expect a good price anyway)!

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Dave

Edited by davebass66

Dibs be yours my man!...

My only concern about the bass is the neck...I'm not even really sure what it is/why it happened...is it the lacquer coming off and the wood rotting? will it get worse or will it just stay as it is now?

Anyone ha experience with this?