Why become a member? ×

Reading Festival 2011 I got in free with the MU

Dave Holden

[size=3]The Musicians Union are working with the Beer Company this year for many of the big festivals. If you are willing to work 6 hours behind the bar each day of the festival then you get free entry, travel and food for the weekend. Cool huh? I'm all booked up and ready to go. There aren't a whole load of bands on the bill that I want to see but it will be a cool experience nonetheless. [/size]

Anyone else involved in this? Or is anyone just going to reading anyway?

:)

[quote name='Hodgefunk' post='1250022' date='May 30 2011, 10:55 AM'][size=3]The Musicians Union are working with the Beer Company this year for many of the big festivals. If you are willing to work 6 hours behind the bar each day of the festival then you get free entry, travel and food for the weekend. Cool huh? I'm all booked up and ready to go. There aren't a whole load of bands on the bill that I want to see but it will be a cool experience nonetheless. [/size]

Anyone else involved in this? Or is anyone just going to reading anyway?

:)[/quote]

My friends usually do wristbands at the start of it to get in free, it's a good scheme.

Working behind the bar would either sacrifice my morning drinking with friends, afternoon/ evening band seeing/ drinking, or my late night drinking with friends and trying to pull random girls.

None of which I want to sacrifice, I'd be tempted to do it for a couple of other festivals though, it's a better deal than the CAT and most other volunteers get.

Edited by Ross