Why become a member? ×

AMPEG SVT-2 PRO

jimmykebab

Alright guys!

I'm a newbee here so please be gentile.

I bought myself one of these the other day from the USA, it has a multitap transformer on it so i know i can convert it to 240v but after looking at the schematics me and my tech are a bit confused.

So, I thought it would be best to copy the settings off an existing amp, if anyone has a newish Ampeg SVT-2 Pro could they please do me a big big favour?

Turn your amp upside down, and take the bottom plate off and take some photos of the tap settings basically all the gubbins in the bottom of the amp.

In return i will pay you some money by paypal is the info is right, so maybe a photo of the front of the amp to make sure, mine was made in Vietnam, so a 'nam model would be better.

Call me if you wanna: 07983 638260

Money for nothing! Why not?

Jamie
[email protected]

I havent forgotten you!

I can tell you that most Ampeg gear has at least 2 primary coils on the transformer. These two are configured to give you the range of 110V,230V or 240V depending on taps.

I need to just find out the current config... I forget if it's series for 110V and Parallel coils for 240V.. just need to look into that!

[attachment=5847:pinouts.JPG][attachment=5848:primary_example.JPG]

The first pic is your SVT2 schematic for the PSU primary coils. The secon pic is an example of how some Ampeg transformers are configured. I can't find an SVT2 specific, but this will defintely help your tech, if he knows his way round a DVM ;o)

[edit] the first schematic could be US/UK.. I'm not 100% sure. If it doesnt tally with yours, then I'm guessing its a UK config. However, since the amps were designed and built from the US, I would ASSUME that the design is USA default.

• 2 years later...

Not sure where you're based but if you're in the South then Steve Rowse at Steve's Amps is an absolute wizard on Ampegs

[url="http://www.stevesamps.co.uk/"]http://www.stevesamps.co.uk/[/url]

He'll also offer help and advice if you're too far away to visit him :)