Why become a member? ×

My Band's new webpage featuring recordings...

barteroo2002

Hi Guys.

My band are currently sorting out management and distribution and possibly record label stuff. To achieve this, we've got this webpage as a sort of 'interactive business card' - make any sense!?
We've got a publishing and recording agreement with our producer - he's been involved with the band even longer than I have - but we're trying to move things forward.

[url="http://www.topcatmusic.co.uk/nife/"]http://www.topcatmusic.co.uk/nife/[/url]

Anyway, I felt like breaking with Band protocol and just getting some fellow musicians to check it out!

Any thoughts are welcome. Don't judge the bass playing too harshly!! Haha!

And if anyone wants to talk about the 'industry' side of music, please feel free - advice/questions/anything.

Cheers for checking this out.

Scott

I really like the production on all the songs and the content is really good as well.

Every thing sits so well in the mix, not normally my sort of music but i will be listening to this for a while now.

All the best and hope every thing works out for you.

Edited by Jimmyp28

Hi Scott, nice page and music sounds great. The only point I would make is, OK, so the URL is for a page on the management companies website but there are no links if someone has gone directly to your page for contacts etc. Sure, you can, as I did, edit the URL to get there, but I would have thought this should be made more obvious for potential bookers or anyone who wants to be in contact.

All the best with this,
Mike

[quote name='Mykesbass' post='1246103' date='May 26 2011, 07:21 PM']Hi Scott, nice page and music sounds great. The only point I would make is, OK, so the URL is for a page on the management companies website but there are no links if someone has gone directly to your page for contacts etc. Sure, you can, as I did, edit the URL to get there, but I would have thought this should be made more obvious for potential bookers or anyone who wants to be in contact.

All the best with this,
Mike[/quote]

Cheers for your feedback.
I think the idea of this page is that it is only accessed by people that we are already in contact with.
eg - TopCat is emailing a contact, say A&R guy from RecordCompanyXYZ, saying "Remember the band I told you about? Well, check this page out for details..."
It's not accessible if you don't know the URL - Google won't get you there.
We thought about linking to our MySpace/Facebook etc but both of those are a bit sh*te cos they're under our old name "Nicole Fermie"!

Thanks for saying though - really appreciate that you wanted to tell me.

[quote name='Jimmyp28' post='1246101' date='May 26 2011, 07:20 PM']I really like the production on all the songs and the content is really good as well.

Every thing sits so well in the mix, not normally my sort of music but i will be listening to this for a while now.

All the best and hope every thing works out for you.[/quote]

Cheers.
Our producer is a freelance mastering engineer - Tim Oliver - we're one of his first projects that he's completely overseeing and producing. He really is the man! (Seriously...)
If he can't make it sound good, there's no hope!

Glad you picked up on that - he'll be pleased.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update (and a Bump! hehe...) but the page now operates under nifemusic.co.uk and nifemusic.com.
I think this is much better and we're now working towards fleshing it out for it being our main public interface.

We're actually going to ditch facebook (as Nicole Fermie band) as our main point of contact and will switch to just updating the website with upcoming gigs and hopefully having regional mailing lists.

Any thoughts would be great guys - there are some really knowledgeable dudes on this forum! Thoughts on the music/business/anything!?

Scott

• 1 year later...

We (Kit Richardson) are supporting NIFE at the Bush Hall in Shepherds Bush on 18th November. I bought the NIFE album and it's cracking!

Really looking forward to the gig! And I hope to see some Basschat members there.

Check out NIFE's Chemicals video ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNd1L8HzwjU