Why become a member? ×

Epifani UL115 series 2 speaker cab for sale or trade....

voxpop

I have for sale or trade an Epifani UL115 series 2 speaker cab.
It is in great condition and cost £567 from the Gallery.

[url="http://www.epifani.com/products/UL2_115.php"]http://www.epifani.com/products/UL2_115.php[/url]

[url="http://www.thebassgallery.com/product_details.cfm?ID=320&type=Bass%20Cabinet"]http://www.thebassgallery.com/product_deta...=Bass%20Cabinet[/url]

£375 collected from maidenhead or sandhurst or could meet half way.

Thanks.

Edited by voxpop

Dag-nabbit or whatever cowboys say in Westerns. Two months ago and I would have snapped your arm off for this but I went and ordered a Barefaced Midget T then (which is admittedly very good). I had a UL115 a couple of years back and have always felt it was the best one-speaker cab I have ever played through. So the best I can do now is bump this thread to the top and add my recommendation

[quote name='Clarky' post='1244863' date='May 25 2011, 09:57 PM']Dag-nabbit or whatever cowboys say in Westerns. Two months ago and I would have snapped your arm off for this but I went and ordered a Barefaced Midget T then (which is admittedly very good). I had a UL115 a couple of years back and have always felt it was the best one-speaker cab I have ever played through. So the best I can do now is bump this thread to the top and add my recommendation[/quote]

I'm in a real delema......

The Phil jones rig, m300 with 6b, has a real hifi sound but lacks that bass cab bloom must of us like. If I switch to the Epifani cab the sound opens up with lots more bass and treble. If only I could have two rigs !!!

I could get an Epifani head to go with the cab and sell the Phil jones or keep the Phil jones and sell the UL115.

What do I do??? :)

[quote name='voxpop' post='1245145' date='May 26 2011, 07:36 AM']I'm in a real delema......

The Phil jones rig, m300 with 6b, has a real hifi sound but lacks that bass cab bloom must of us like. If I switch to the Epifani cab the sound opens up with lots more bass and treble. If only I could have two rigs !!!

I could get an Epifani head to go with the cab and sell the Phil jones or keep the Phil jones and sell the UL115.

What do I do??? :)[/quote]
What about the m300 through the UL115 and sell the 6b instead of the Epifani? Doesn't matter if the head and cab don't match manufacturer-wise if it gives teh best outcome. Or keep both cabs for different situations and make some savings elsewhere?

[quote name='Clarky' post='1245150' date='May 26 2011, 07:41 AM']What about the m300 through the UL115 and sell the 6b instead of the Epifani? Doesn't matter if the head and cab don't match manufacturer-wise if it gives teh best outcome. Or keep both cabs for different situations and make some savings elsewhere?[/quote]

The m300 head with the epi sounds fantastic..... But the size of the 6b cabs does it for me, I love the built in trolly it's so easy to transport.

I wish I could keep both cabs, one has to go, the small room in my house is a ready over flowing with gear. :)

That's because they're primarily made with double bass in mind. :)

I was looking In to Epifani myself a few years ago and the only thing that stopped me at the time was lack of funds. Now most of my gigs are double bass, so I'm after that more natural 'lack of bloom' your PJB head has to offer.

Let me know if you decide to sell your M-300 as I'm currently in the Market for one. I know they're a bit heavy and not everyone's cup of tea for electric bass, but I think I can live with those trade-off's for the right double bass sound.

Thanks,

James

Edited by james_guitar

[quote name='voxpop' post='1245145' date='May 26 2011, 07:36 AM']The Phil jones rig, m300 with 6b, has a real hifi sound but lacks that bass cab bloom must of us like. If I switch to the Epifani cab the sound opens up with lots more bass and treble.[/quote]

You hear the bass differently with PJB cabs when you're next to them; much less of an issue when there's some distance between you. Bumnote has had success standing to the side of his cabs rather than in right in front, perhaps try that?

[quote name='walbassist' post='1245324' date='May 26 2011, 10:48 AM']You hear the bass differently with PJB cabs when you're next to them; much less of an issue when there's some distance between you. Bumnote has had success standing to the side of his cabs rather than in right in front, perhaps try that?[/quote]

Totally agree.................

I have used the Jones rig at a few rehearsals last week and ALL group members could hear me. It is really good a projecting the bass sound without any drop out of bass or treble into every corner of the room. I have never had this with any other rig.

The Epifani gives a more traditional sound....very round with a bright treble and loads of warmth. If only I could have both. :) :) :lol: