Why become a member? ×

Getting a Sound City B120 mk4...

Wooks79

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Wooks79' post='1252216' date='May 31 2011, 11:23 PM']What cabs have people been using it with?

I have it through an Ampeg 1x15 at home at low volumes, but its probably gonna go through the Marshall 2x15 I've been gigging with lately for anything else.

Been playing some guitar through it with a Marshall 4x12 at home too and that's sounding pretty lovely![/quote]
I first ran it with a home made cab built during woodwork sessions at school. It was something like 3' 6" high by 2'6" wide by 18" deep, with a slot port at the bottom. It was lined with an old eiderdown and the cab had to be taken apart to move it on my own. The cab contained a single 18" Fane speaker, but I managed I to get surprising amounts of top out of it. Despite being thrown together without any calculations or even the slightest nod to proper loading, it sounded pretty decent.

After that it was used with an SAI 2 x 15 cab that was only marginally better, but had the advantage of being smaller and lighter.

I later acquired a Fender Dual Showman cab and stuffed it with a couple of McKenzie C15 75w bass drivers, again without really knowing what I was doing. Another decent result.

• 2 months later...

[quote name='Wooks79' post='1252216' date='May 31 2011, 11:23 PM']What cabs have people been using it with?

I have it through an Ampeg 1x15 at home at low volumes, but its probably gonna go through the Marshall 2x15 I've been gigging with lately for anything else.

Been playing some guitar through it with a Marshall 4x12 at home too and that's sounding pretty lovely![/quote]

At first I tried to use my DR103 with a Ampeg 410HLF. It didn't work at all. As a matter of fact, the cab didn't work with any of the previous heads either. Peavey MKVI, SWR Studio, Gallien Krueger 700RBII. I realized the cab was the main problem so I got an old Mashall Jubilé 4x10" and now I'm happy.