Why become a member? ×

FS. MarkBass SA450. NOW SOLD

Ive had this for about 4 years now, and ive done probably around 120 gigs with it without problems.

I dont think its going to be used much now that i only play with one band so im hoping it will go to a good home.
Its been in a Gigzkinz 2U rack bag for the past 3 years so its been well protected.

Ill get some pics up tonight once i get home but for now ill say its in good condition considering its age, no dents or bumps although a few scratches on the top and side IIR, ill need to get it out of the rack to have a look and take some pics.

Here's a old pic to show that its real lol. More detailed ones to follow tonight.

Im looking for £330 for a local pickup/meet in London im happy to include the rack bag with this. In fact i also have the official MB bag, although the zip has gone on the front pocket, so its not something ill sell, but happy to give away.
I would prefer not to have to post with the rack bag (ill still include the MB bag) as this will bump up the cost quite a bit as the amp itself is very light and, while not micro its very compact.
Also comes with the rack ears.

I would prefer a local/central london meet as i dont drive and will try and hold out for that first, but if i dont get a bite im happy to post to UK mainland (and NI) at buyers expense

Cheers.

Edited by dave_bass5

Right, as promised, some pics.
Taken in haste before the kids get in from school so if there is anything more specific you would like to see please let me know. Most of the marks in the pics are fingermarks and will rub off. I know i should have done it first but like i say, i was in a hurry.

As you can see, its pretty clean as far as scratches go. There are a few on the edges but nothing to worry about on the top and sides.It also comes with the rack ears as you can see in the pics.

Im open to close offers for cash but no trades.

[attachment=80842:Tue_24_May_4495.jpg]

[attachment=80841:Tue_24_May_4494.jpg]

[attachment=80840:Tue_24_May_4493.jpg]

[attachment=80839:Tue_24_May_4492.jpg]

[attachment=80838:Tue_24_May_4490.jpg]

[attachment=80843:Tue_24_May_4487.jpg]

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='1250867' date='May 30 2011, 10:17 PM']Cheers guys.

Michael, im keeping my SL600 as my main head but have brought (or will do very soon) Clarkys F1 as a back up, and aslo for when i fancy a different tone.[/quote]

Cool stuff. I just got a Shuttle 9 as my main and I love it. Sounds amazing. Still using the MarkBass CMD112H combo though as my main for the acoustic band. Will be playing a Washburn Ab10 acoustic through it also :)

Its taken me until i decided to sell the SL600 to actually like it. Bloody typical. Now i have two heads i love (3 including the SA450).

Washburn Ab10 eh? My mate has one of those and ive been meaning to borrow it for years. I must admit i struggled to fret the notes cleanly.

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='1250892' date='May 30 2011, 10:34 PM']Its taken me until i decided to sell the SL600 to actually like it. Bloody typical. Now i have two heads i love (3 including the SA450).

Washburn Ab10 eh? My mate has one of those and ive been meaning to borrow it for years. I must admit i struggled to fret the notes cleanly.[/quote]

Yeah I have been a Washburn AB fan since the day they came out. In fact I was at the launch of them and asked Washburn the question why they have made an acoustic bass but not a fretless model. I explained that I could not understand the logic behind making an acoustic bass instrument but not doing a fretless model. Washburn took my name and a whole bunch of details regarding my thoughts on a fretless model and said they actually agreed with me but never actually thought of it. Some time later they then released a fretless model. Not saying it was my idea but it certainly did come across when I spoke to them of a bit of a light bulb switching on moment :) If I can find a fretless model then I would buy one also as I may be playing fretless in the acoustic band but they really are super rare.

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='1252482' date='Jun 1 2011, 11:06 AM']You seem to be really getting in to the Fretless side Michael. Something i need to dip my toe (or finger) in at some point.[/quote]

Yeah I love playing fretless, most amazig thing ever. You will have to come to mine one day for a cuppa and some playing of gear. You can try out some fretless's and bring your MarkBass head if you like. I can pick you up from the station also.

[quote name='Linus27' post='1252611' date='Jun 1 2011, 12:55 PM']Yeah I love playing fretless, most amazig thing ever. You will have to come to mine one day for a cuppa and some playing of gear. You can try out some fretless's and bring your MarkBass head if you like. I can pick you up from the station also.[/quote]

Sounds like a good plan. I could bring the Streamliner over as well.

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='1252618' date='Jun 1 2011, 12:59 PM']Sounds like a good plan. I could bring the Streamliner over as well.[/quote]

Ooh that would be nice as we can compare it back to back with the shuttle and even do some sound samples to post on here.

[quote name='Linus27' post='1252636' date='Jun 1 2011, 01:12 PM']Ooh that would be nice as we can compare it back to back with the shuttle and even do some sound samples to post on here.[/quote]

Well, ill leave that bit to you lol.

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='1252639' date='Jun 1 2011, 01:15 PM']Well, ill leave that bit to you lol.[/quote]

HAHAHA ok no worries. I PM you soon about sorting some dates etc. Maybe see if Nick wants to come round also.

Edited by Linus27