Why become a member? ×

What makes a GREAT Bass?

xgsjx

[quote name='JTUK' post='1238265' date='May 20 2011, 03:07 PM']I don't really think you can get someone else to justify why you should spend that money..you can either convince yourself or you can't.[/quote]
Agreed. Tho I'm just looking for opinions as to why. I'd have no probs spending £10k on a Ritter if I had the pennies.

For a bass to be great for me, its all about playability, sound, versatility, projection, materials and cosmetic details. My main bass is worth around £1300, and with all things considered, for me it blows any fender ive played out of the water. The better construction, wood choices, electronics, playability and cosmetic touches make it worth the money in my eyes.

[quote name='funkypenguin' post='1239910' date='May 22 2011, 04:39 AM']For a bass to be great for me, its all about playability, sound, versatility, projection, materials and cosmetic details. My main bass is worth around £1300, and with all things considered, for me it blows any fender ive played out of the water. The better construction, wood choices, electronics, playability and cosmetic touches make it worth the money in my eyes.[/quote]

+1 is a combination of things and i am happy every day with it every day

[quote name='icastle' post='1238243' date='May 20 2011, 02:44 PM']I'm a simple soul.
For me, if it feels right and sounds right then it is right. :)[/quote]The bassics of a good instrument is this.. .. but of course these two things involve lots of attributes.. or maybe more subtle touches that a player either needs or desires in and instrument