Why become a member? ×

NBD!!

monkeynuts

Afternoon all

So finally after years of umming and arring I have finally taken the plunge and bought a new Fender am std Jazz. Ive only ever owned 1 bass in the 13yrs ive been playing so it sort of feels like i'm cheating a bit on my trusty old Ibanez........weird! :)

Ive only had this plugged in for half an hour and omg its everything my Ibanez isnt, very very happy (I'll apologise to my Ibby later!)

I had to buy blind as this was a part of a long service award through work so they paid for half and I made up the rest. So as you can imagine I was slighty apprehensive over getting a dud but on opening I neednt have worried as everything looks top notch.........so far.
I always said that when i managed to get the funds together to buy one of these i'd always put the covers on as its a bass to be used and not molly coddelled but now its here i dont think i can bring myself to get the drill out!!! :) Double sided tape here I come I think for the moment!

I dont contribute much on here as theres alot more people more knowledgable then me on these subjects but so many of the threads here helped me make my mind up on what to go for, so thanks guys and gals!

Right you all know what i'm going to be doing for the rest of the day!!!!! :D

And yes i know the its not real unless theres pics!! Heres a quick couple I took but you all know what they look like!!! :lol:

[attachment=80169:P1050861.JPG][attachment=80171:P1050863.JPG][attachment=80170:P1050862.JPG]

Great basses i had one the same colour with the maple neck.. everything is top notch on these recent Jazz basses.. Please though..dont put the ashtray covers on it.. its a modern Fender not a RI or vintage.. you will also kill the resale value.... just my Op

Cheers guys, I do like a nice oly white fender! Although that Blizzard Pearl is rather nice.

The grain is ace on it, its was the first thing that struck me when I opened it. I was just very lucky I think as this was a order it blind and keep everything crossed job, although alot of people seem to think the new ones have better quality control.

Ive never messed around with different string types, ive always left well alone and replaced them with the same ernie balls my ibby had on it when I got it. Maybe I should be a bit more adventurous!! lol

I'm still not convinced on the covers, they look great but as you say its not a vintage. As for resale value thats not an issue as it wont be going anywhere!!!

[quote name='monkeynuts' post='1234435' date='May 17 2011, 03:28 PM']Cheers guys, I do like a nice oly white fender! Although that Blizzard Pearl is rather nice.

The grain is ace on it, its was the first thing that struck me when I opened it. I was just very lucky I think as this was a order it blind and keep everything crossed job, although alot of people seem to think the new ones have better quality control.

Ive never messed around with different string types, ive always left well alone and replaced them with the same ernie balls my ibby had on it when I got it. Maybe I should be a bit more adventurous!! lol

I'm still not convinced on the covers, they look great but as you say its not a vintage. As for resale value thats not an issue as it wont be going anywhere!!![/quote]Ahh.... so many times ive said..this bass is a keeper.. and a year down the line ive looked at the for sale section an wham!! you may be different im sure.. it does look very cool with them on mind..

Try some DR strings, Monkeynuts, expensive yes but IMO the best string available.. last forever too

where did you get the covers from?..im after some.

Edited by bubinga5

[quote name='bubinga5' post='1234443' date='May 17 2011, 03:33 PM']Ahh.... so many times ive said..this bass is a keeper.. and a year down the line ive looked at the for sale section an wham!! you may be different im sure.. it does look very cool with them on mind..

Try some DR strings, Monkeynuts, expensive yes but IMO the best string available.. last forever too

where did you get the covers from?..im after some.[/quote]

lol, I know what you mean, this forum does induce gas related problems! However my first bass lasted me 13yrs so hopefully I wont have any mad rush of gas induced blood to the head to sell it anytime soon.

Cool i'll have a look at them, cheers.

I managed to get them 2nd hand through a mates band's bassist who couldnt get on with them so nice and cheap. The only other places ive seen them with the f logo on is at allparts and thomman.