Why become a member? ×

Traded - Spector Euro5 Dark Cherry - Lovely!

MoJoKe

I've had this lovely beasty for a couple of years and it was my main gigging bass for a year until I bought my first Lakland (55-02). It was then I realised it was not the right instrument for my "thing", so it has had little use for the last few months and I would ideally love to turn it into another Lakland. A JO5/DJ5 or a 55-94 and cash your way would be most welcome. Alternatively [s]£800 [/s] £700 of yer english pounds

It is in lovely condition except for the tiny marks shown in the pics, and all original with the exception that last summer I replaced the tone pump preamp with an EMG with a mid control, which has made it much more playable and versatile (plenty of aggressive tone when needed, but capable of far more subtlety!). The knobs are now vol, pan, mid and a stacked treble/bass. It has lovely low action and is strung with a new set of Elixir Superlights.

Just been sent this by PJ at Spector:-

[indent]NB 26**
Made in our Czech factory in approx. 2003, so it would be Euro5 with solid maple body wings.

Stock pickups are EMG 40DC.
[/indent]
Still an awesome bass, but price now reflects edit!!

[b]New images below in response to PM's. After giving it a bit of attention, the bridge has some [i]very[/i] slight tarnishing, but I wouldn't have thought this is out of character for the age. The back is in as good nick as the front, with no significant buckle rash.[/b]

Edited by MoJoKe

I would also consider selling, but wouldn't have a clue where to start with the price, as they don't seem to be consistent with Spectors. Anyone wanna chip in with their thoughts...? (other than "forum rules...", I fully acknowledge and agree with that one, but really don't know what it is worth...:))

For what it's worth (no pun intended!) I bought my current Euro 5 (older one with solid maple wings) string for £700 a couple of years ago. I also sold a newer one for about that much. But I'm not really sure tbh. I only sold mine for that much because I bought one at the same price!

[quote name='TDM' post='1231732' date='May 15 2011, 10:45 AM']For what it's worth (no pun intended!) I bought my current Euro 5 (older one with solid maple wings) string for £700 a couple of years ago. I also sold a newer one for about that much. But I'm not really sure tbh. I only sold mine for that much because I bought one at the same price![/quote]

Thanks for these thoughts! I would have guessed a stock one is worth between £700 and £900, but it has the lovely EMG preamp, and there is another EuroLX, but a 4 string, up here for £1100 which has thrown me a bit, as prices do fluctuate here!

I know it must be worth roughly about the same as a JO5 or DJ5 depending on the market, and I would consider topping up to trade/buy a 55-94.

[quote name='MoJoKe' post='1231779' date='May 15 2011, 11:18 AM']Thanks for these thoughts! I would have guessed a stock one is worth between £700 and £900, but it has the lovely EMG preamp, and there is another EuroLX, but a 4 string, up here for £1100 which has thrown me a bit, as prices do fluctuate here!

I know it must be worth roughly about the same as a JO5 or DJ5 depending on the market, and I would consider topping up to trade/buy a 55-94.[/quote]

I had an identical LX5 with an ACG02 preamp in - it was in mint condition and I sold it for £700 when people had money to spend. Frankly, anyone asking £1100 for a 4LX is having a laugh.

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='1231826' date='May 15 2011, 12:04 PM']....Frankly, anyone asking £1100 for a 4LX is having a laugh.[/quote]

That's his call and won't comment on that further - I'll stick with my original thought of 800 ish, but thank you all for your thoughts...

So, who's got a nice Lakland they would like to trade? This really is a lovely bass...

[quote name='ziggydolphinboy' post='1238680' date='May 20 2011, 08:22 PM']Hi Have you any pictures of the back, and is the brigde tarnished like it looks?
kindest regards
ziggy.[/quote]

I'll do some pics of the back tomorrow. the bridge is not tarnished, its just dirty! I'll prove it tomorrow!!

Best

K

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='1238751' date='May 20 2011, 09:30 PM']Oooh! I'm guessing 35"scale though?[/quote]

Yes 35" scale. I have a Wal fretless and a 57 precision too, often swap basses live, and never really noticed the difference once used to it, and my new 55-02 is 35" too... Admittedly not everyones bag, but lovely tight B!

Edited by MoJoKe

• 2 weeks later...