Why become a member? ×

[withdrawn] FS/FT: GK big rig (2001RB-II and 2x 410RBH), half price

Initially I was keeping it for bigger gigs and festivals, after playing Bearded Theory yesterday using my lightweight rig, it performed amazingly and I'm starting to feel this rig is never going to be used which is a total shame.

This is probably my joint fave rig of all time, but with my light rig (the other joint fave :) ) being so practical this is just taking up room without much hope of being used again.

So I'm potentially offering it up at the mercy of BCers. I'm not going to offer to split yet (unless all the parts are accounted for before sale). I'll include the rack and the tuner.

This really is the top of the range gear, a lot of the big endorsees of GK use these models, Flea uses them (with added 115RBHs), Justin Chancellor uses the head etc.

Specs:

[url="http://www.gallien-krueger.com/products_rb_series.html"]2001RB-II[/url]
• Dual 540 watts (2 ohms) or 1080 watts bridged (4 ohms) plus dual 50 watt horn bi-Amp system
• Clean & overdrive channels
• Active 4-band EQ
• Adjustable contour, presence & 4/5
string voicing
• Boost (valve effect)
• Seperate tweeter &woofer volume
controls
• Effects loop & tuner out with mute
• XLR out with level, ground lift &
pre/post switch
• Speakon & 1/4" outputs
• 19x5.25x12 (3 rack spaces) 42.5 lbs.

[url="http://www.gallien-krueger.com/products_rbh_series.html"]410RBH (each)[/url]
• 8 ohm
• 800 watts
• 28x23.5x18.5
• 96 lbs.

[url="http://www.korg.com/Product.aspx?pd=111"]Korg DTR 1000[/url]
• Chromatic Tuner
• Automatically detects note name and accurate pitch
• Two types of display: "cent" or "strobe"
• Seven-semitone flat tuning support
• Adjustable Calibration of 438-455 Hz
• Dimensions: 18.94"(W) x 4.45"(D) x 1.81"(H)
• Weight: 3.09 lbs

It's definitely in used condition, the cabs have a few small tears in the cover (the worst is underneath one of the cabs where I must've scraped it on it's side and it's torn through and into the wood, it doesn't affect anything and it's not noticable when it's stood up and the other one worth mentioning is on the top of one of the cabs about 1cm long, it's visible on the pic on the bottom cab), I still have all the castors but they sometimes drop out so I've been using trolleys, the castors do still work fine though when they're in. The head is still in perfect condition AFAIK. I literally took it out of the box and put it into the rack and it's never been out since. The same applies for the tuner. The rack case it's self is pretty battered but it still does it's job, there's no structural damage, just a crack in the plastic here and a dent there kinda stuff.

New, you'd be looking at about £3,000 for this rig. I'm looking at around £1500 considering it's condition. I'm open to trades but I'm not interested in amps, I'm really not joking when I say this is my joint top amp I've ever used and I'm not interested in trading down. I may look at basses but it'd have to be a very special 5er (I'm not interested if it's not got 5 strings) for a straight trade (maybe a Wal 5 or similar) but I've not really got much GAS at the moment, my Sandbergs seem to keep me happy right now so I'd much rather get at least £1,000 in cash as well as a bass if someone was looking to trade.

If someone's interested in p/xes, I'm pretty much interested in the same thing as from a recent wanted post I made. Namely 5 strings (unless someone's offering me a bass plus cash and there's interesting stuff or basses that are easily sellable in there). I'd be interested in Musicmans, USA Fenders, Lightwaves, Statuses (or other graphite necks), Sandbergs, maybe a Dingwall (not interested in Combustions). Feel free to make me any offer!

As always with me, if you're interested in a p/x, please include the amount of money you're offering too (and say if it's negotiable). There's nothing worse than agreeing on an item for trade then realising you've wasted each others' time because you have a totally different valuation of said item.

Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any questions, even if you're just curious with no interest in buying. :)

Edited by ThomBassmonkey

Stunning rig, and from playing a similar monolithic rig myself, your lightweight rig must be some rig to make you want to shift this!

In my opinion, there is no playing experience to compare with standing in front of a rig like this. Whoever buy's this is in for a treat.

[quote name='AttitudeCastle' post='1230761' date='May 14 2011, 10:08 AM']What did i tell you Thom? :)[/quote]

:) Hush, you!

Quite right, JPJ. This rig really shifts air, it has so much bottom end it's unreal. On one of my band's regular slots at the Old Bell in Derby I had the volume cranked from using one cab at a particularly loud practice and when I plugged in the 2nd cab, I was almost drowning out their PA at gig levels. When I went to the low B I think I pinned our manager to the back wall. :lol:

My MB Fusion and Neo212 rig is very special. They sound very different to each other and if anything, I'd say this was far more capable (I don't think my mini rig could handle the lows that this beast can pump out if dialled in and I doubt there's much out there that could compete with this in terms of raw volume) but my smaller rig really suits what I do (in terms of pure bass tone and fitting around the other gear used in the band) and is much more convenient.

I'm not gonna try and pass this off as a compact, light rig. It's not. I got this because I wanted a rig that sounded awesome with no compromises. I managed to move the whole thing around in my Fiesta with two basses but it took up the whole car (I could get in another person and more stuff if I only took one cab) but if you have back problems, this isn't the rig for you. If, on the other hand, you want a MONSTEROUS rig then IMO you can't do better. Obviously I'm a massive GK fan so I'm going to say that, but before I got my first GK rig, I really looked around to find an amp I really fell for and with enough of a budget that I could get pretty much whatever I fell for (the lower wattage/smaller cab versions at least) I ended up with a 700RB-II and two 210RBHs, basically half of this rig, which I then upgraded to this after I got the endorsement.

I got this rig for a good price and as a result I'm very open to negotiation. The £2,000 I've put up is a guideline figure and by no means a hard line. I've been spending a lot of money on bass stuff recently (went into a shop today to buy a hard case and came out with a wireless too haha) so I'd like some cash from it (with the possible exception of a Wal 5) but make an offer and I'll see what I think. :D I do love this rig though so I'm not going to give it away.

Of course because of the size of it, I'm not prepared to ship. I can transport it about myself though (I'm prepared to travel for the right deal if someone's definitely going to buy) and anyone's welcome to come try it (and my mini rig if curious, though that's going nowhere :P ) out just off J25 of the M1.

Edited by ThomBassmonkey

I would love this rig next to mine! I could have Twin Towers!

Good luck with the sale. Don't regret it! ;-)

[quote name='ThomBassmonkey' post='1230934' date='May 14 2011, 01:40 PM']:) Hush, you!

Quite right, JPJ. This rig really shifts air, it has so much bottom end it's unreal. On one of my band's regular slots at the Old Bell in Derby I had the volume cranked from using one cab at a particularly loud practice and when I plugged in the 2nd cab, I was almost drowning out their PA at gig levels. When I went to the low B I think I pinned our manager to the back wall. :)

My MB Fusion and Neo212 rig is very special. They sound very different to each other and if anything, I'd say this was far more capable (I don't think my mini rig could handle the lows that this beast can pump out if dialled in and I doubt there's much out there that could compete with this in terms of raw volume) but my smaller rig really suits what I do (in terms of pure bass tone and fitting around the other gear used in the band) and is much more convenient.

I'm not gonna try and pass this off as a compact, light rig. It's not. I got this because I wanted a rig that sounded awesome with no compromises. I managed to move the whole thing around in my Fiesta with two basses but it took up the whole car (I could get in another person and more stuff if I only took one cab) but if you have back problems, this isn't the rig for you. If, on the other hand, you want a MONSTEROUS rig then IMO you can't do better. Obviously I'm a massive GK fan so I'm going to say that, but before I got my first GK rig, I really looked around to find an amp I really fell for and with enough of a budget that I could get pretty much whatever I fell for (the lower wattage/smaller cab versions at least) I ended up with a 700RB-II and two 210RBHs, basically half of this rig, which I then upgraded to this after I got the endorsement.

As a final note, I bought this rig through my(I do need to contact GK before I sell to make sure it's all above board, but it's not breaching any terms of the contract so I can't see a problem, I just want to make sure everyone's happy that I'm selling) so I got it for a good price and as a result I'm very open to negotiation. The £2,000 I've put up is a guideline figure and by no means a hard line. I've been spending a lot of money on bass stuff recently (went into a shop today to buy a hard case and came out with a wireless too haha) so I'd like some cash from it (with the possible exception of a Wal 5) but make an offer and I'll see what I think. :lol: I do love this rig though so I'm not going to give it away.

Of course because of the size of it, I'm not prepared to ship. I can transport it about myself though (I'm prepared to travel for the right deal if someone's definitely going to buy) and anyone's welcome to come try it (and my mini rig if curious, though that's going nowhere :D ) out just off J25 of the M1.[/quote]

Edited by chriswilliams666

Thom, I'm feeling generous. I'm prepared to triple your best offer... £93 for the lot. Take it or leave it...

[quote name='ThomBassmonkey' post='1236327' date='May 18 2011, 09:18 PM']Bump for being prepared to split.

I'm surprised no one's made an offer on this yet, I know it's an expensive piece of gear, but people might be really surprised how flexible I am on the price. :)[/quote]

Wow. Thom that's an amazing price. [quote name='ThomBassmonkey' post='1245784' date='May 26 2011, 03:46 PM']£1,600? Any takers?

Will consider a swap of the whole stack for something special with 5 strings. I'd consider swapping the head and one cab for a nice Musicman 5er HH or maybe a nice Status or something.[/quote]

Thanks Chris, I suspect it's starting to approach the price that I'd get from trading it in at a shop at that price (if I can find somewhere that will take such a big item), so it's not going to go much lower.

I guess people are still a bit iffy about spending large amounts of cash though. But it's almost half the new price now so I guess the proof will be in the pudding. Failing that it'll be chopped in at a shop or (as a last resort) ebayed.

Edited by ThomBassmonkey

I'm not sure what I'd compare it to, I don't think I've really heard anything that sounds like them but in saying that, I very rarely use other amps than my own and when I do I tend to EQ from my bass instead of playing with the amp.

They have a very fat, full sound. LOADS of low end but still very articulate, I've never heard an amp that can kick out so much low end without going muddy.

There's a vid of Flea here, he's probably using a 115RBH instead of the 2nd 410RBH (live with the chillis he uses three of those stacks). The tone's pretty accurate through the video.

The cabs specifically do lows very well, I've never heard amps that can push out so much bass without turning muddy (even turning the treble and mids down, you can still hear every note you play instead of turning to mush), they're very full range and fat sounding. The only reason I'm getting rid is that the guitarist in JWP uses a Mesa which is heavy in the mids so the scooped sound of my mini rig fits around it perfectly, otherwise I'd always keep this, regardless of weight.

I'm not interested in Markbass though, thanks. :) Only trades I'd consider would be 5 string basses.

Edited by ThomBassmonkey

• 3 weeks later...