Why become a member? ×

SOLD Ashdown MAG 410

Thurbs

Hi all.

Just got my self IEM & a small rig for stage monitoring and DB work so the Ashdown MAG 410 is up for sale. Gigged this rig for large and small venues. Really fills a large hall with buckets of bass, mids and top end. Barely turned the dial over half way before glasses wobble off tables and windows start resonating!

[b]Ashdown MAG 410T Deep - SOLD[/b]
The [url="http://www.ashdownmusic.com/bass/detail.asp?section=mag&ID=24"]MAG 410T Deep[/url] is rated at 450W / 8 Ohms, and features a 4 x 10" Ashdown custom drivers with a HF tweeter for enhanced top end response. [i]Note this does not have the switchable tweeter specified in the link.[/i]

Loaded with custom Ashdown drivers for exceptional attack, clarity and low-end performance, MAG cabinets look as good as they sound with retro vinyl covering, chrome protective corners, cloth grilles and 'original' single-wing badges. Partnered with the MAG 300 EVO II amp head, they create the perfect rig for the hard-working bass player.

Power Handling: 450W continuous
Speaker Configuration: 4 x 10" + tweeter
Frequency Response: 60Hz - 20kHz
Impedance: 8 Ohms
SPL: 101dB 1W @ 1m
H x W x D (mm): 655 x 604 x 420
Weight (kg): 37

The cab has only light marks and dinks other than a slightly larger gash to the rear ports.

Collections from Elsworth, Cambridgeshire which is a few between Huntingdon, Cambridge & Royston, Herts for cash only please.

Edited by Thurbs

Given out shipping quotes to some interested parties bump...

Some q's & a's.

[quote]lso have you got any more info on the DI when it stopped working etc just trying to work out if I could fix it or get it fixed.[/quote]I bought the head off a forum member here and only found it not working a few days later, so I have no idea what is wrong.

[quote]I'm looking to get away from lugging my huge old Trace combo around (burns the equivalent of about 4 humans in the car!) but need something with enough belt to work in the lareg pubs and social clubs I tend to play in.[/quote]I usually play working mens clubs and pubs with a stage and usually have a audiance of 300 or so. In this kind of environment, the full stack turned up about half way fills the whole venue with glass shaking volumes of bass from the stage to the back room. Even that was probably too loud in the mix but I only realised after watching the video back afterwards.

[quote]Secondly, the issue with the DI... is it something you think is fixable?I dont know... sorry.[/quote] The DI issue is when you plug it in to a PA there is a horrible buzz that comes through the PA. The speakers connected to the amp never buzz at all, it is only ever the PA speakers which buzz. From the little electronics I do know, it soulds like a ground issue, but I dont know for any level of certainty.

[quote]I'm v interested in this as keep gettng recomendations for Ashdown and was looking at the 300 combo so this is a nice jump up. have you always played this as a full tower or ever worked with the head into either cab alone?[/quote]Never played at full volume, as I value my hearing! It really is significantly louder than the old MAG 300 I had. I regularly turned that up full to hear my self but have no problems with this one.

I have never gigged the 410 on its own but the 115 I have played many smaller clubs and venues, with audiances up to about 200. It works really well and provides all of the bottom required but obviously doesnt fill venues with lots of high mids & trebble. I only havent gigged with the 410 on its own because to use it I borrow a van and there is plenty of room to put in the 115 also.

Edited by Thurbs

hey Rich

Thanks again for the great gear you sold me, and the time you gave up for me on a Sunday morning! You'll be glad you hear I got home witout encountering any tractor convoys!

I just wanted to pop up on this thread to recommend ANYONE interested in the 4x10" grab is VERY quickly - it's lush. It's only that it was more than i needed that I didn't snaffle it up, so please make the best of this great item

Thanks again Thurbs - you're a gent. You do a mean cup of tea too!

Cheers! :)

Matt

PS I picked up a 2x10" on ebay for £70! It's beat to hell, but only cosmetic. I think i'm sorted! :)

Edited by MattB

Would it help if I did a recording?

A recent gig with it:

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfRF45Hvy8M"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfRF45Hvy8M[/url]

Forgive the backing singers, we have a habit of dragging the audience on to the stage and plonking them in front of a mic...

The bass is all back line, none at all going through the PA.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...