Why become a member? ×

hydrive hartke

fluffo

I can not believe that Hartke do not make a 2 x 10 Hydrive ,does any one know of any other cabs that are 600mm wide.
GK are slightly narrower.
It's a serious oversight on there part, To get the 4 ohms I either have to get another hydrive 4x10 or a 15, but I don't like 15's.
A 2 x 10 and a 4 x 10 would be perfect, I mean small rig med rig or all together massive but still managable as far as carrying it all.
I'm not interested in the 1 x 12 high drive as once again it is a different width.
I asked the hartke guys at the bass show but they didn't even know there own products, and were completly brain dead.
It's one of the only ranges I can think of that don't do a 2 x 10.

You are quite correct,
Hartke do not make a 2x10 in the Hydrive range. I can't say I totally agree with it being an oversight on their part - It was more of a manufacturing decision; I know that Hartke were keen to keep the price of the range as affordable as possible. Larry himself received stacks of requests for all different configurations of cabs including 6x10's and 2x12's - but as I understand it, wanted to keep the range manageable.

I think the Hydrive 410 is probably one of the most compact 4x10's on the market and thus making a 2x10 to fill the gap between the 1x12 was probably a bit pointless.

I can understand your frustration, but probably a bit harsh to call the guys at the show brain dead - they were able to field my own questions and I'm a tech-head!

Here I go again!, The AK410 is slightly smaller, lighter and more compact than the Hydrive 410. I reckon 2 x the AK410 would make a manageable medium sized rig.

Oh and by the way, the guys at Hartke sure aint brain dead and definitely know their products!

andy