Why become a member? ×

Fender Custom Shop '59 Precision **GONE**

dodgnofski

Hi Guys,

The band I've been dragged kicking & screaming out of retirement to stand in with - (when the local Yoda of fat wires is busy with one of his other umpteen bands - 'cause unlike me he's 'that' good) :( - requires me to play both fretted & fretless - eeeek! - Basses & so it is with much regret I need to offer my Custom Shop '59 Precision - d.o.b 14th of January 2000 'Time Machine' Relic thing of beauty :( !! - grooved bridge saddles, reverse tuners etc & as stated by Bass Guitar magazine - 'the attention to detail is quite stunning'!

I was 'really' hoping to hang on to this for 'the duration' but needs must!

For trade initially for a less expensive bass & some dosh my way - but I'm a sucker for a really nice bass if you have something 'special' - Status - preferably headless & must have a truss rod, 62 P Bass Sunburst reissue, Steinberger with a body, USA Sunburst P or preferably PJ Bass - even a Hohner Jack - black if possible or maybe natural - so who knows - eeeek! - but no maple fingerboards - sorry & a mega low 'playable' action 'has' to bepossible for my old arthritic fingers :( ??

It is currently in what I term as 'playing livery' with a tort scratchplate - but can be reverted to it's original guise in a thrice - i.e. - Anodised Scrathplate + Bridge & pickup covers!

It looks like a 'one piece' Ash body through the Trans Blonde/white finish - but I'm definately no expert & the neck is as straight as they come facilitating an incredibly low action - the Premium, selected Ash body may explain the incredibly low weight of only 8lbs on my digital bathroom scales!

Registered with the Fender Custom Shop - Serial number R70**

Please feel free to PM me with any questions etc

All the best,

Tim

Edited by dodgnofski

Looking for trades - p/x's initially but if I draw a blank - I would appreciate any PM's as to what the Basschat Fender Guru's think it's worth so I can pitch it correctly?? My local music shop Bass Guy says the Fender rep said anywhere between £1200 to £1500?? - apparently it was around £2,500 when it was new - but hey! - who knows in this financial climate :) ??

Thanks for all the PM's so far Guys - working my way through them - please be patient - my typing is on a par with my very poor playing ability :) !!

Quick update Guys - just found 'new' ones of these on the Thomann website at £2,456.38 - eeeeeeeeeeeeeek!! However, this is obviously 'used' but in very good condition & plays like the preverbial 'butter'!! So if you have anything you would like to trade, or p/x - the Fender Guy was probably right pitching it between £1200 & £1500 'secondhand' - w.d.y.t??

Just thought this might help to give a 'ball park value' when working out trades or p/x's ?

Thanks Guys

ps - if anyone would like a try out - I'm 'still' 5 minutes from Junction 15 of the M6 - so give me a shout??

cheers,

Tim

Thanks Sam,

Think very carefully before you part with the Hohner - I've had a few & the last one was a dream to play! - very, very underated Basses!!

Edited by dodgnofski

[quote name='dodgnofski' post='1219224' date='May 3 2011, 09:42 PM']Thanks Sam,

Think very carefully before you part with the Hohner - I've had a few & the last one was a dream to play! - very, very underated Basses!![/quote]

Plus one - my first 'keeper' bass until I sold it to Rick Wakeman's cousin!

I really like it with the gold plate, looks amazing!! Is it really as beefy sounding as the Youtube videos make out? I had the same problem with my ESP - the lack of soundclips never fully exemplified the tone, but just wondering if you think it nails it or not?

Thankyou! - yes, at least to a cloth eared old bint like me it 'really' nails it :) - but it's not just the sound - it's the action & the feel - tried a '62 reissue last night & it was like chalk & cheese! Which is a pity because I've always hankered after a '62 RI & I can't begin to tell you how disappointed I was! Maybe it was just the really poor set up - i.e. very high action - ('really' low on the CS) & the ends of the frets were as sharp as razors - (lovely & smooth on the CS) + it weighed a ton compared to th CS! Hope it was the exception that proves the rule?? - as I still love the 'look' of the '62 RI - being a big James Jamerson fan!

[quote name='Schnozzalee' post='1230933' date='May 14 2011, 01:40 PM']I really like it with the gold plate, looks amazing!! Is it really as beefy sounding as the Youtube videos make out? I had the same problem with my ESP - the lack of soundclips never fully exemplified the tone, but just wondering if you think it nails it or not?[/quote]