Why become a member? ×

Double bass case

oldslapper

I will soon be down to just one double bass and no EUBs.

What I have left is not spectacular, but it's a 40 year old ply that sounds great to my neanderthal ears and it is transported in it's original cover.
I would like to give it a bit more protection, so had thought about getting one of the gear4music foam cases that come up now and again Ebay, but they are very rarely over this way (South West).
Also, I don't seem to be able to locate a supplier of hard cases that aren't £600 flightcases.

So the question is, has anyone got a case they'd be happy to sell me, or do you have advice on what else I should consider. I notice that many retailers sell gig bags that seem a lot of money, but do they offer protection?

As this should probably be in the wanted section, I will post there too.

Thanks for any help, or comments, you can offer.

John

Edited by oldslapper

Do you want to arrange a split on the cost of a G4M bass, you take the case and I'll take the bass? I live in York - just down the road from G4M who are in Poppleton - so maybe we can sort something out? I'm looking for a cheap bass to rig up for slap stuff at the moment, and fancy scraping all the orange crud off one of theirs this summer maybe.

Sounds like a plan TNIT! If that doesn't work out I can recommend a Tom & Will padded gig bag, about £150 with loads of pockets and handles/straps [url="http://www.normans.co.uk/p-2719-tom-will-double-bass-gigbag-black.aspx"]http://www.normans.co.uk/p-2719-tom-will-d...gbag-black.aspx[/url]

I'm happy with the sound of my current bass with spiros on the E and A and Evahs on the D and G but I want to string one up for a rootsy, gut-ish sound. Our guitarist and drummer used to be in a 'billy 3-piece and we're thinking about busking some of that stuff this summer. Just trying to figure out which corner of the house I can lean another DB up in!

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='1211378' date='Apr 26 2011, 01:58 AM']Ah well fair's fair, I'm sure I can shift a case. :)[/quote]
sounded like a good plan, but then zach offered his case and he's only 45mins away. I'm sure you'll shift a case no probs. John

• 2 weeks later...