Why become a member? ×

A double bass

[size=4]If you want a bass that will change your life, then this is[/size]n't [size=4]it[/size]

5 year
[size=4]old bass[/size], [size=4]thick neck,[/size]

Low piz action, fitted with Innovation Honeys, Schaller pickup and adjustable bridge.
In good condition, but does have a small chip on it's [s]shoulder[/s] lower right side.

Suitable for playing popular and unpopular music.

This bass literally came apart at the seams where the neck joins the back and sides when knocked over at a gig.
However, there was no "structural splintering" damage done to the laminate woods.
A local chap I took it to put it down to the crap glue that Mr Giordano was using that particular day he was in China making double basses.
So he reglued the seams with proper horse-mash and screwed the sides and back to the neck. It is now more stable than the poor dead horses bedroom.

Carlo Giordano 3/4 double bass. Except it's probably not his, and I suspect he didn't make it either.
Manufacturers details.
[url="http://www.maccorp.co.jp/e/carlo/bass.html#sb100"]http://www.maccorp.co.jp/e/carlo/bass.html#sb100[/url]
My one has white binding though, which (as anyone would know) adds thousands to the value.
Comes with a cheap bag and a bow.
Selling because I want to.
Would suit someone who plays, or doesn't play, the recorder.

Obnoxious comments welcome.

£350 picked up from North Dorset. Please note it won't be available for collection for a couple of weeks. This will give me time to "vet" any prospective buyers. CV's by PM please, with photos.

[quote name='oldslapper' post='1208530' date='Apr 22 2011, 06:29 PM']Obnoxious comments welcome.[/quote]
:) :) :lol:

If you've played double bass as long as I HAVE then you [s]are probably sh*t[/s] should listen to what I SAY which is ... err Buy my bridge and tuners. I am CHILLED OK?

[quote name='deaver' post='1209054' date='Apr 23 2011, 11:42 AM']Do you fancy a trip to Salisbury in a couple of weeks time John? I'll dust of that CV, though the fifteen years in archaeology makes for tepid reading.[/quote]

John, I'd be delighted to.
No photos' needed, but that CV might be handy, as I'm finding it difficult to get off to sleep at the moment... :)
With your background I think you'll "dig" this bass....?? :)
Shall I say that this life-changing, fine instrument is on hold?

If so, I'll PM you when we're back around for a meet.

John

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='1209043' date='Apr 23 2011, 11:29 AM']That's lovely, if I was anywhere near Dorset I would be PM-ing you now.[/quote]

Yeah, cheers TNIT
For a mass produced entry level instrument, which has had a good set up, nice soft strings, nice Mag pup, and structurally reinforced, it's pretty good value.
And it looks cool, which as ANYBODY WHO PLAYS KNOWS is what [u]actually[/u] matters.
:D :) :) :lol: :lol: :P

[quote name='Clarky' post='1208598' date='Apr 22 2011, 07:53 PM']:) :) :lol:

If you've played double bass as long as I HAVE then you [s]are probably sh*t[/s] should listen to what I SAY which is ... err Buy my bridge and tuners. I am CHILLED OK?[/quote]

:D :P :lol: ...................... :lol:

[quote name='oldslapper' post='1209082' date='Apr 23 2011, 12:05 PM']Shall I say that this life-changing, fine instrument is on hold?

If so, I'll PM you when we're back around for a meet.

John[/quote]

I have clearance from the necessary authorities so we are good to go. PM me when you're back and we'll take it from there

[quote name='Willl' post='1215028' date='Apr 29 2011, 03:42 PM']Is this bass being used structurally... In photo 5 it appears it's doubling (see what I did there) as an acro jack?[/quote]

Basically, when this goes to Deaver, my porch collapses! :)