Why become a member? ×

Warwick Streamer LX 4 string TRADED

barks

This bass is my 1998 Warwick Streamer LX 4 String.

This is still the best looking one I've come across but it isn't getting played so much since I got my Fender P Bass.
Very versatile bass. In nicely played-in condition but no dings or dents. Gold hardware has dulled down a bit (but looks better for that I think).
Wenge neck and board.
Neck is nice and slim and nothing like the newer chunky Warwick necks.

I would prefer to sell (offers around £600 ish) but may consider trade or part ex on the right Stingray or maybe even a 6 string.

Thanks for looking. Happy to answer any questions etc.

Neil :)

Edited by barks

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='barks' post='138150' date='Feb 11 2008, 01:33 PM']This bass is my 1998 Warwick Streamer LX 4 String.

This is still the best looking one I've come across but it isn't getting played so much since I got my Fender P Bass.
Very versatile bass. In nicely played-in condition but no dings or dents. Gold hardware has dulled down a bit (but looks better for that I think).
Wenge neck and board.
Neck is nice and slim and nothing like the newer chunky Warwick necks.

I would prefer to sell (offers around £600 ish) but may consider trade or part ex on the right Stingray or maybe even a 6 string.

Thanks for looking. Happy to answer any questions etc.

Neil :)[/quote]

Just placed my Stingray 5, any good to you?

Not sure why they have such poor re-sale value - I've got one of these (a 1997 model) and it is fantastic. I wouldn't want to trade it for anything. In all honesty, for playability and sounds I'd take it over a new Stage I - I've tried a few of these and they're just not up to my trusty LX.

I'd recommend this to anyone - for this quality of instrument, it's a steal at £600!

Edited by geilerbass

[quote name='geilerbass' post='145709' date='Feb 23 2008, 07:32 PM']Not sure why they have such poor re-sale value - I've got one of these (a 1997 model) and it is fantastic. I wouldn't want to trade it for anything. In all honesty, for playability and sounds I'd take it over a new Stage I - I've tried a few of these and they're just not up to my trusty LX.

I'd recommend this to anyone - for this quality of instrument, it's a steal at £600![/quote]

The problem is that Streamer owners know how good their basses are but non-Streamer owners have no idea. If you consider a 97 LX (BO) Streamer a steal @ £600 what does that make a '91 Stage I (NT) @ £600? It'll come around again and Warwick Streamer prices will climb but for some Streamers now is not a good time!