Why become a member? ×

Jools Holland Show - Still Worth Watching?

spongebob

[quote name='Doddy' post='1232969' date='May 16 2011, 12:55 PM']I think the audience reaction was more about 'Oh look,Brian Wilson is singing Good Vibrations' rather
than 'Wow,Brian Wilson is good'. He's got to be playing on his reputation,because he was awful on 'Later....'.
I think he needed a drummer too.

Arctic Monkeys are perpetually rubbish and I don't know what to say about that immensely bad girl band.[/quote]

Definitely agree with the 1st point, but I must say, the Arctic Monkeys have actually come quite a long way, and arent too worried about experimenting a little. Ive actually started to respect them now theyve changed and had some time recording with Josh Homme.

The girl band Warpaint were the highlight for me, haha, as mentioned above. It was very post-rock/ambient with very little variation on the guitar work, but thats probably what made the vocals work so well.

Warpaint caught my eye to. I could not work out if they were rip offs or quite original and good. They reminded me of a 90's Grunge band like The Breeders, Hole etc but I did quite like them. Bassist was also doing some interesting stuff.