Why become a member? ×

Chris Larkin Custom Five SOLD!

jmanfunk

After the recent acquisition of a status four string I've realised, to my great annoyance, that I'm just more comfortable on a 34"scale neck. So my Larkin Sc5 is on the block.

Brief run down of the spes:

[list]
[*]Maple neck-through with walnut & cherry stringers
[*]Walnut body wings
[*]Indian rosewood fret board
[*]ebony nut
[*]Carbon fibre neck reinforcement
[*]Spalted beech top
[*]Le Fay single coil pups
[*]EBS two band pre with mid selector
[*]Ebony 'ramp' upgrade which can be adjusted to taste
[*]35" scale with 24 frets
[*]Shamrock mop inlay at twelfth fret
[/list]

This bass is in immaculate condition and plays effortlessly. Recently setup with a fresh set of Status strings & tuned to high C. Can throw on a low B if wanted. This bass can take regular and double ball strings. Chris is a phenominal luthier and construction and attention to detail on this bass is what you'd expect from an elite custom builder; perfect.

Check out Chris' website- [url="http://www.chrislarkinguitars.com/home.htm"]http://www.chrislarkinguitars.com/home.htm[/url]

This bass has a very Wal-ish type sound with great low-mid presence. The Le Fay pups are great and the EBS pre is powerful, transparent and above all, musical.

Comes with custom fitted hiscox case.

Pics!

I'm hoping for something in the region of £1125 ( That includes postage, generous I know :) )

The only small catch is that I live in Ireland. However, I live quite near to the Roslare ferry terminal so any Bass chatters in Wales wouldn't have to travel too far :huh: and I will post if you'd prefer.

Cheers guys.

Edited by jmanfunk

[quote name='jmanfunk' post='137442' date='Feb 10 2008, 03:54 AM']Late night bump.[/quote]This is a great sounding and playing bass!!i know because it was mine once!!i owned it from new,and if i had the £'s i would have it back in a flash!!!supreme build and playability,so someone buy it!!!good luck with the sale :)

Edited by Yessikris

[quote name='Yessikris' post='137681' date='Feb 10 2008, 05:03 PM']This is a great sounding and playing bass!!i know because it was mine once!!i owned it from new,and if i had the £'s i would have it back in a flash!!!supreme biuld and playability,so someone buy it!!!good luck with the sale :)[/quote]

Cheers J. Its a bit special alright

[quote name='walbassist' post='142769' date='Feb 18 2008, 09:38 PM']Would I be right in thinking that removing the ramp would leave four holes in the body?[/quote]

Removing the ramp would leave more than just four holes. The centre was routed to fit it same as you would fit pups. Its mounted on a piece of foam, is completely adjustable to suite various playing styles and can be retracted into the bass if needs be. And it adds to the overall aesthetic of the bass I think :)

Edited by jmanfunk

[quote name='jmanfunk' post='142772' date='Feb 18 2008, 09:44 PM']Removing the ramp would leave more than just four holes. The centre was routed to fit it same as you would fit pups. Its mounted on a piece of foam, is completely adjustable to suite various playing styles and can be retracted into the bass if needs be. And it adds to the overall aesthetic of the bass I think :)[/quote]

Thanks for clarifying that for me. Sadly, to me it makes the bass less appealing (and this from a guy who usually has no problem with ramps), but vive la difference eh!

I love Chris' work. Very singular designs but really well put together. I hope you get what you want for it.

[quote name='walbassist' post='142776' date='Feb 18 2008, 09:54 PM']Thanks for clarifying that for me. Sadly, to me it makes the bass less appealing (and this from a guy who usually has no problem with ramps), but vive la difference eh!

I love Chris' work. Very singular designs but really well put together. I hope you get what you want for it.[/quote]

Heh, when I was discussing with Chris how to mount to ramp he asked "are you going to keep the bass for the forseeable future" and I of course said "yes". He suggested, since that was the case, to just route a space for it making it completely adjustable........hindsight is twenty twenty I guess! :) I think it looks great anyway and difference really is the spice of etc. :huh: