Why become a member? ×

What's happening at Traben?

Jondeeman

Does anyone know what's happening at Traben? Some of their models are being rebranded as BC Rich (The Moyer Havoc, for one). Has Traben had it's day, and being integrated into the BC Rich brand?

I've had a couple of Trabens... nice basses, excellent value for money. I'll be sad if they disappear! :)

Yep The Hanser Music Group, owns Traben, B.C.Rich (And the Havoc is awful and should never have a BCR logo on it), Floyd Rose and others

And "Music Group" does make you think it's several companies banded together to own all these others, it's not, they used to be called Hanser Holdings International (HHI)

Edited by Lorne

Yep, looks like Traben are no more. Shame really I love their basses. Wouldn't really play anything else. Personally I think the Havoc is a great sounding and great looking bass. They really got things right with their Chaos range of basses (not sure about all the others) and for Metal / Punk / Hardcore they knock most other basses into a cocked hat.

I had a Moyer Standard 5, which I really liked (it wasn't called "Havoc" by Traben). I also had a Chaos 5, which was good, but unbalanced and rather heavy. I agree that they suited to hardcore / rock and offered fantastic value for money. Hate the new decals...

Not sure it's ever possible to switch branding without doing harm to one or both brands.

[quote name='WHUFC BASS' post='1199870' date='Apr 14 2011, 08:14 PM']Yep, looks like Traben are no more. Shame really I love their basses. Wouldn't really play anything else. Personally I think the Havoc is a great sounding and great looking bass. They really got things right with their Chaos range of basses (not sure about all the others) and for Metal / Punk / Hardcore they knock most other basses into a cocked hat.[/quote]
I have a pair of their older basses, a neck through 4 string Kore, and a bolt on fretless Tribal Sun 4 string, both in red.

Really love them, great basses, I have a mind to change out the pickups & preamps, but I don't wanna mess with a good thing.