Why become a member? ×

Calling all Zoom B2.1u users

Guest MoJo

I used to plug my iPod into the MP3 input of my Bass Floor Pod when learning new covers. I'd like to do the same with my B2.1u and my laptop. I don't want to use the Cubase software supplied with the Zoom, I have Audacity installed. I've tried plugging the unit into my laptop thinking that I'd instantly hear my bass only to be met with silence. Can any other B2.1u users help me out here.

[quote name='Batfastard' post='1195099' date='Apr 10 2011, 09:40 PM']Silly question but have you checked your sound card settings on our comp?[/quote]

No I haven't. What am I looking for?

You have to set the Zoom as your main soundcard, and then monitor through the zoom's output. In audacity there's probably a "devices" control panel or something where you choose your soundcard. You probably just wanted to play along to itunes though, which means you have to set the main soundcard for your OS to the zoom. But all that means plugging your speakers into the Zoom.

I only ever used it as a soundcard once. I was happy to run it into the normal line input of my computer for the purposes of "noodling".

Usually bundled Cubase is Cubase LE. A stripped down, simple version (not even sure if it supports VSTis) but it's fins for a notepad & getting some simple recording done on.
Have you thought about using Reaper for your work-ish things?

[quote name='xgsjx' post='1195412' date='Apr 11 2011, 09:17 AM']Usually bundled Cubase is Cubase LE. A stripped down, simple version (not even sure if it supports VSTis) but it's fins for a notepad & getting some simple recording done on.
Have you thought about using Reaper for your work-ish things?[/quote]

Unfortunately at the workish place its all Cubase! Gives us greif everytime we use but hey ho!

Cheers btw! :)

[quote name='cheddatom' post='1195371' date='Apr 11 2011, 08:19 AM']You have to set the Zoom as your main soundcard, and then monitor through the zoom's output. In audacity there's probably a "devices" control panel or something where you choose your soundcard. You probably just wanted to play along to itunes though, which means you have to set the main soundcard for your OS to the zoom. But all that means plugging your speakers into the Zoom.

I only ever used it as a soundcard once. I was happy to run it into the normal line input of my computer for the purposes of "noodling".[/quote]

Sorted.....thank you so much for the info :) :) :lol: