Why become a member? ×

Warwick Star Bass

dmz

I'd heard the similar about stocking a large range too, but that was a fair few years ago.

If the above info were the case, i'd expect to see a reasonable range in the bigger shops but last time I saw a new Warwick for sale was Sound Control Salford in 2005. They had about 40 (really), maybe that's why they went under.

The warwick stock in my local shop has almost disappeared! Like they sold what they had and never reordered! And they had a lot back in the day!
Shame really, they have made some fine basses, I've probably owned around 15 over the years including stage 1, stage 2 and dolphin pro 1!
Still want to try one of these!
T

[quote name='throwoff' timestamp='1351689882' post='1854181']

Tigerstripe ebony is just ebony.

I have said it a million times but Tigerstripe ebony fingerboards are Warwicks biggest bargain. Even the Rockbass models come with it on the Fretless models.

All Tigerstripe means is that the wood does not come solely from the core of the tree, where it is completely black, they use more of the wood from a little further out which means some parts have dark brown figuring to the black. Tonally it sounds identical, it feels EXACTLY the same as jet black ebony and is a little better for the enviroment.
[/quote]

It's the colour that bothers me. If I have a black-bodied bass and a neck unblemished by frets, dots, or fret lines, then I want a uniform colour black neck to complement the body.

I heard the same about Warwick from another UK retailer at weekend! Same story, in order to get a good discount you gotta buy a specified amount of stock, which no one is prepared to do in today's economic climate! They even referred to Warwick as niche basses, not sure about that, but there you go, that's how it is!

Tony

Edited by sshorepunk