Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Bass books for Amazon Kindle??

silverfoxnik

Hi Folks

My best mates clubbed together last week and bought me a Kindle for my 50th which was very nice of them.. :) ..And now I've sussed out how to use it, I'd like to get some bass books to put on it; tutorials, biographies, that sort of thing..

So just wondering if anyone knows of any good stuff in Kindle format that they would recommend??

Thanks

Nik

[quote name='51m0n' post='1186380' date='Apr 3 2011, 12:55 AM']You would do a lot worse than perusing [url="http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page"]Project Gutenberg[/url], hundreds of free (as in outside of copyright) books to download in Kindle format....[/quote]
That's a handy site, thanks.
I was given a kindle by my lovely wife for Valentine's day, a great gift as far as I'm concerned!

I've already scanned and PDF'd most of the music books, documents, music & scales that i use at home so i have access to them when i'm away.
99% of the time they've transferred quite well onto the Kindle, but occasionally they don't work as the print is too small or i've been a bit slap-dash with my scanning.
I'm interested to see if anyone does find any good results / answers for this.

There was a thread quite a while back which had a link to a site with LOADS of music / tuition / transcription books on it, blatantly flouting any copyright and probably utterly illegal, but a "friend of a friend" has put them on his kindle and they work really well.

I have downloaded several jazz theory books (David Baker's and samples of The Jazz Theory Book and the Jazz Piano Book as well as a book about couinterpoint)) but have found the musical examples very hard to read as they do not enlarge like the text can. Very frustrating. I did get a book on Alexander Technique for double bassists that was fine but that's about it.