Why become a member? ×

NOW SOLD LAKLAND DJ4

Champion Badger

[b]Now sold - thanks to everyone for the interest and offers!!![/b]

[b]What I am really after is a Darry Jones with a Rosewod fingerboard. Will be interested in a 4 or 5 string[/b]

I bought this bass in February and although it's a really great bass, I don't feel totally at home on a maple board.

I had it up for sale several weeks back...

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=126226&hl=lakland"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...&hl=lakland[/url]

...and withdrew after having second thoughts. I have finally come to the conclusion that I really am after a rosewood board after all.

It's a superb bass - sounds really great, low action and plays like a dream.

It's still in new condition and never been out the house.

I am putting it up for £650, plus shipping. I am based on Merseyside.

Cheers!

Edited by Champion Badger

[quote name='woodyratm' post='1180784' date='Mar 29 2011, 02:03 PM']Amazing looking bass. Wouldn't be tempted for a dj4 for dj4 swap? :)
Lake placid blue with rosewood.

:)[/quote]

Haha, I like this - best of worlds. Champion gets his trade, and he also gets another DJ4 for when he realises how amazing these basses are!

Eventually, I want another DJ4 like this. I'd just need to clear my signature to do it, as I don't think I need them all - not with the DJ4 being as brilliant as it is.

If you wanted to trade for a rosewood neck I've got a Fender Deluxe Active Jazz in black with a tort. pickguard, and a Badass II bridge which I recently had fitted and grooved by a professional luthier, along with a set-up. Plays quite nicely. Noiseless pick-ups, three-band EQ/pick-up pan/volume. A few buckle marks on the back and a couple of really, really tiny knocks you'd have to search for. I look after it but I do use it :)

I've got access to a recording studio so I can provide sound samples if you want :)

Edited by Ben Jamin

Do you know which pick-ups this is wearing - Aero, Lindy Fralin or Lakland?

If you're not sure you can tell from the wiring (so I'm told):

Aero: black and white plastic covered
Fralin: black and white cloth covered
Lakland: red and black plastic covered