Why become a member? ×

--------Sold------------

Phil Mann

Oooo.... No! No! NO!!!! Stop tempting me!!!!

Quick someone else buy this, I've played it and it's really really good, and there's no nicer person on here to deal with than Phil (and that's saying something given how nice nearly EVERYONE is on here! :) )

Now if it was fretless.... And no, don't tell me to buy it and defret it! :)

[quote name='Netballman' post='1182199' date='Mar 30 2011, 01:56 PM']Oooo.... No! No! NO!!!! Stop tempting me!!!!

Quick someone else buy this, I've played it and it's really really good, and there's no nicer person on here to deal with than Phil (and that's saying something given how nice nearly EVERYONE is on here! :D )

Now if it was fretless.... And no, don't tell me to buy it and defret it! :)[/quote]
Don't buy it and defret it! :lol:
I was thinking of doing just that some time ago, and a conversation with Chris persuaded me otherwise.. went to Carlisle and commissioned the 35"fretless version of this. Never looked back! :P

Sorry Phil! :)

Edit for hijack apology!

Edited by hubrad

[quote name='Phil Mann' post='1180415' date='Mar 29 2011, 08:17 AM']It's so good, that I may find myself moving away from Spectors completely and using the Progress range full time, I utterly love this instrument.[/quote]

AARRGGG!!! Dont say that, i had a choice between my spector and a very lovely Overwater perception and i went for the spector, now ive always been a spector fan, but iv,e always wondered wether i made the right choice, my spector is lovely too, i think ill have to have both :) ive only played one overwater and it was amazing so whoever gets this is a lucky so and so!! E to C sounds very interesting- bump!!

[quote name='Phil Mann' post='1187610' date='Apr 4 2011, 11:56 AM']Amended price, £1100, bargain![/quote]

Surely that should read [size=7][color="#FF0000"]MEGA[/color][/size]bargain? :)

ps I hate you all, now you've managed to get me seriously gassing for a fretless 35"... B******s! :)

[quote name='Phil Mann' post='1180415' date='Mar 29 2011, 08:17 AM']Hi Bass Chatters,

As a result of purchasing this instrument, I've been in contact with Chris May, and intend to commission him to make me a 35 inch version!
Hence, this instrument is only up for a straight sale, no trades, as it's has to help pay for the new bass which will replace it.

Everything else I own is 35in scale, I don't really want to spent time getting used to different basses with different scale lengths, so in an attempt to keep things as consistent as possible, I'm going to move this instrument on, that's the only reason it's up for sale, plus something will have to help pay for the new one thats being made to take it's place.

The bass is so good, that I may find myself moving away from the USA Spector NS5-XLs completely, and using the Progress range full time, which is something I never thought I would say. I have a long standing relationship with Spector, they built my Custom NS5, which took a lot of time and effort both sides of the pond to design, construct and get sent over.

However, I utterly love the Overwater Progress range , so it may be time for a change. For anyone that's not familiar with Chris May's work, this bass is fantastically versatile, lovely clarity and depth to the sound, beautiful feel, build quality, body shape, the full package, the finish looks stunning, and it records really, really well.

The Bass and Specs:
Overwater Progress III Custom DLX 5 String
Birdseye Maple Facing on Mahogony Body.
33.5ins Scale 5 string bass.
Currently strung E-C (but you can easily put a B on it, a student of mine has a 6 string which is 33.5 scale and it's fine).
Ebony fret board, 5 piece thru neck construction.
19mm String spacing.
Overwater Bridge.
Matching headstock facing.
3 Band Overwater circuit, with slap push pull system (with independent pickups gain controls on the circuit).
Weight, err.....bass weight! :) (Will check this)
Currently strung with DR High Beams.

Wicked for solo bass performances such as chord melody stuff, soloing of course, and harmonics due to the extended upper range, however, regardless of extended range and top end, this bass kicks like a mule down the low end.

£1100 No offers (No trades as stated I'm afraid)
Pick up from West London (J16 M25), or Kilburn, I tutor at the Bass Institute most days.

Thanks for looking.

Phil[/quote]

Sexy bass, bargain, tried it at the Institute its amazing!!!!!!!!! BUy it! I would but i dont have the money right now...Come on people! Make a nice home for this beauty!
Marie :)