Why become a member? ×

Fs - Fender Road Worn Jazz - Sold Pending

Macko1968

Sold- pending the usuals. Thank you for all the interest & kind comments.

I've offered this one a couple of times previously but then changed my mind, it's just not getting used though & the cash would be useful. Sorry, not after any trades.

I bought it on here for £725 & have since added some upgrades;

Seymour Duncan Antiquity II pickups
CTS Pots, Switchcraft jack, orange drop cap & cloth/wax wiring
Chrome covers
Tug bar
Calendar girl water slide decal

It's a lovely bass, looks & feels like a well worn Jazz. Weight is 8.6 lbs, it's strung with Chrome flats & a nice low action and it sounds like a great Jazz should. No issues other than a previous owner removed the Made in Mexico transfer & serial number from the back of the headstock - presumably for authenticity purposes but the body is stamped & all the correct Fender markings are present on the neck heel & neck pocket. Oh, it also comes with a hard case that has seen more action than a prozzy in Saigon circa 1970.

Prices I hear you say?

£625 with the original pickups
£730 with the Seymours

I can post but will sort out prices if there is any interest, alternatively Teesside is lovely in Spring!
[attachment=75767:DSC00813.JPG]
[attachment=75769:DSC00817.JPG]
[attachment=75770:DSC00816.JPG]
[attachment=75771:DSC00818.JPG]
[attachment=75768:DSC00814.JPG]

Edited by Macko1968

Thanks for bump.

I've said it before but nothing from Fender has impressed me as much as these basses since I first played a JV. They feel right, sound great & I would have a really hard time justifying a CS Relic over one of these. The CS relics are better, but £2k better?

My thoughts exactly. A Road Worn Precision and a CS Pino Palladino Precision are the two most comfortable basses I`ve ever played. Yes, the CS edged it, but not by much. These Road Worns are great basses, really punch above their weight. Serious bargain this, have a bump on me.

As the last owner I will vouch for this bass. At £625 with the original pups it's a steal! I didn't actually realise there was something missing from the headstock - 4candles owned the bass before me - perhaps he can shed some light on that.