Why become a member? ×

MusicMan Bongo 5HH

dub_junkie

selling my Bongo 5HH in sapphire black with moonstone guard. made in Dec 2003 (1st year of production). the bass was owned by a couple of basschatters previously (dougal and bigwan) and I've had it in my possession since July 2009.

the bass has a few dings - one on the top edge of the body,one on the inside of the top horn,one on the back of the neck up behind the nut and the usual Bongo one at the tip of the headstock - nothing to worry about in my opinion and never really bothered me in the slightest. I've detailed these in the pictures below.

the bass comes with a G&G Musicman Bongo hard case with the old style Musicman logo on the front. It also has a Japanese sales invoice in the case so the bass must have been imported from there at some point.

the bass is a great player and is light on the shoulder for a 5 (cant be too precise but my bathroom scales say its under 10lbs and it feels it too)

available for collection from Kilmarnock,Ayrshire (20 miles south of Glasgow) or I can ship 24 hr courier via APC business acount for £20 which includes insurance (Most of UK mainland only) I have had a couple of problems shipping overseas in the past so I am not prepared to post outside the UK,sorry

I'm not looking for any trades and price is firm

Edited by dub_junkie

Had a rethink and may trade for a Stingray 5 with a rosewood fingerboard as a backup/alternative to my maple sr5. This would be the only bass I'd be prepared to trade for.
If the bongo sells that's what I'd probably look to buy anyway
Cheers
Keir

• 2 weeks later...

Gorgeous it most definately is :) and now residing next to my Desert Gold 5HS :)

And for anyone thinking of dealing with dub_junkie have no fear... the guy is a complete gent

Edited by Monz